January 28, 2018

And there was Mr. Harvey again, motioning from the top, from the top. From the top! Lifting his hands in a flat position, palms facing downward. We could feel the emotions of everyone because the major performance is coming soon. And today is our last day of practice. My mom and dad worshipped in the multipurpose hall while we practice the song.

"Janice! You need to give it your best shot okay! This is the final practice and your voice could be a big help to the altos." Mr. Harvey patted me on the back before the practice. In my head, I agreed but my body was shaking nervously. Not because of the practice but because of the performance. This is my first performance ever since my dad signed me up for the annual Christmas Chorale of our church last year but sadly, I was not accepted. Mom and dad were so happy that I got in for the next Church Choir Singing Recital in our town. "I've got to do my best!" I thought.

After the practice, we joined for the worshipping session with our parents. I had asked God the best courage for this week because I really need it. After the worship service, we get back to practice again for the last time. Mom wanted to come and see me sing. She peeped through the glass door and smiled at me. I love how mom supports me in everything that I do.

Dad meanwhile joins mom in watching me and that made me conscious because they were the only parents observing our practice. Mr. Harvey saw them and said to me, "Look, Janice! How they are so proud of you!"

Yes, sir! They love me so much! That is why I love them back!

Mr. Harvey claps again, signaling to go back at our positions after the break. Mom and dad left after I had talked to them during the break. Dad would just fetch me after an hour.

Hallelujah..

Hallelujah..

Hallelujah..

Hallelu...jah...

I cannot get enough of this song even if I had sang it a million times. This song by Jeff Buckley would always be the song in my heart.

Okay, from the start again..

I heard there was a secret chord

That played in it pleased the Lord...