February 10, 2018

Aunt Helen, Riley and Tim visited us today. Unfortunately, dad was not here to look for Timmy. So, Riley and I volunteered to stay home. As mom and aunt leave the door, Timmy cried looking for his uncle. "He's coming home, Timmy! He's coming home." mom said with no assurance that dad is really coming home.

Dad is fond of Timmy. He told me that he wanted to have a son of his own but he is more grateful to have me. He likes Tim being a crazy little kid who tweaks his hair when they play and roll on the floor. Because of the absence of his father, Tim loves dad too.

Now, I know that it's hard to live without a dad.

While Tim is playing Jenga, Riley asked me. "When is Uncle Joseph coming back?" I really don't know what to answer because mom could not even give me the answer. But in hope that he is coming I said "Soon, Riley."

I cannot stop myself to tell her that I miss him already. I miss him calling me sweet names which I really cannot hear but I can feel his love when he speaks it.

"Riley, when is he coming back?" I asked her as she stood up and get some tea for the both of us. I stood up and followed her to the kitchen.

"Janice, you know, many times I've asked myself the same question? There is no answer. And I know there will always be no answer. But still I keep asking." Riley said.

I know it is the hardest for Tim. He will grow up not seeing his father. But at least he has his uncle.

As we sip through the cup, I noticed Tim looking straight forward on the sofa. It seems like he is focused on an object. But there was nothing on the sofa except for pillows. Then, he began to speak "dada."

Riley was shocked. Me too. We looked at each other in an instant. Then Riley called, "Daddy?" Then, Tim looked at Riley and continued playing.

Riley could not believe it. Was it really Uncle Tommy? I told her that maybe it is him.

"I miss him." Riley said to me in a frowning look.

Mom and Aunt Helen came home and saw us eating pizza. We could not wait any longer so Riley called the nearest Pizza Hut. We ordered an Ultimate Cheese Lover's. Mom and aunt laughed as Tim reached for the last slice on the table.

Riley told her mom about his dad. Mom overheard it and told Riley something. Aunt Helen's face was like – Oh dear! I wish I saw him!

As they talked about Uncle Tommy, I am thinking of my dad. I wish he would be here sooner, later. There are so many things I want to tell him. Especially the words "I love you!"

After Aunt Helena, Riley, and Tim left, I prayed in my room "Lord God, please let dad go home." As I positioned myself to sleep, I saw mom peeping. I smiled.