Chapter the Eighteenth;;

Everyone's transformation went off without a hitch. No one was stuck between a half-human half-animal state, which was great. Even though they had Dumbledore on their side, Haru wasn't sure that he would be able to fix it without help from the Ministry, and then they'd all be in deep shit.

They were all a little on edge. It was such a cool thing, to be an animagus, and they all wanted to show everyone. Haru wanted to show Taehyung, but then he'd ask why she was an animagus and then it would probably ruin everything.

They had also all agreed to keep their animal personas a secret from each other until the night that they would surprise Taehyung. Haru's spare thoughts were consumed by predicting everyone's animagus forms. Comparing human temperaments to animal temperaments was trickier than she expected. Taehyung would probably be able to guess more accurately, but again, she couldn't ask him.

Jungkook seemed different after that night, but not in a bad way. He seemed livelier, more talkative, and he was even talking to peers that he usually didn't talk to. Haru doubted that his animagus gave him a sudden personality change, so she assumed it was Dumbledore that planted something in his brain.

Haru just sat back and watched as Jungkook stole the hearts of the whole Ravenclaw house. Not that his housemates hated him before or anything, but they never got to know him. He was always too shy to say anything but a 'thank you' after someone told him that he had a good game of Quidditch. Now he was cracking jokes and showing a side of himself that only Haru and the guys ever got to see.

If Haru hadn't dragged him off to class, they would have probably never gone. He seemed so happy, and Haru was happy for him, but she was more curious about his sudden personality change than anything.

"You've been very... loud, lately," Haru said, choosing the wrong words but not being able to think of the right ones at the time.

"Yeah," Jungkook smiled. It was self-assured and proud. "I've just been happy and confident lately."

"Happy as in really happy? Or happy as in 'my life is going to shit and there's nothing I can do about it so I might as well be happy' happy?" Haru asked, wanting the specifics.

"Just," Jungkook took a deep breath, "Happy."

"Does your happiness have anything to do with it Dumbledore?"

Jungkook's mood faltered at that, but it soon resumed, "I guess, yeah. We talked that night, you know what night I'm talking about, and he made me realize some things. He made me realize that I shouldn't be insecure about some insecurities I had."

Hearing Jungkook say it, it finally hit Haru. Jungkook was honestly the total package; he was handsome, he was sporty, he had the brains when he actually wanted to use them, he had a nice personality, he was good at everything. But he was still insecure. He constantly compared himself to the other Ravenclaws who were smarter and quicker than he was. He had friends who were pros in certain academic fields, while he was just good at Quidditch. Add his recent sexual identity crisis to it all, and you get a confused teenage boy who doesn't know how to express his feelings so he just doesn't.

"You know that you can share these insecurities with me, right? Or anyone for that matter?" Haru asked, looking at him with the most serious that she had ever given him.

Jungkook sensed this, and he turned to look at her, "I know. Sometimes it's just hard, you know? I wouldn't have talked to Dumbledore about them if he hadn't isolated me and sprung it on me."

"But now look how happy you are now that you talked about them," Haru teased, nudging his shoulder. "Feels good, right?"

"I guess it does. Someone just needed to force it out of me in order for me to see the benefits," Jungkook shrugged. He and Haru had stopped walking, standing in front of the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Haru still had to go to the dungeons to get to potions.