Chapter the Thirty-ninth;;

Namjoon has never seen the ministry so crowded.

He's come here on several occasions with his father, whether it be shadowing him or exploring other job opportunities. However, he was here this time for a whole new reason.

He was supposed to testify against Marvella.

He felt incredibly lonely in such a crowded place. Haru wasn't here, and she was usually a source of comfort for the boy. Taehyung was somewhere, along with the rest of the boys, but that was like finding a needle in a haystack. None of the other boys had to testify. It was just him.

Standing in the crowded elevator with other middle-aged men, Namjoon felt out of place. He was just a child compared to them, and he was supposed to testify against an attempted murderer. He felt sick.

As he got pushed to the back of the elevator, his mind wandered to Haru. She was still back at Hogwarts, resting toward a full recovery. Namjoon felt miserably guilty that he didn't tell her what was going on, but that's what Yongjin wanted. While Namjoon didn't agree that Yongjin should take the blame for the murder of Ranier, but he did agree that Haru should be involved as little as possible.

As the elevator stopped, Namjoon exited and entered the Wizengamot. The jury was already in their seats, fifty of them in plum-colored robes, looking down on him with intensity Namjoon's never seen before. He let out a shaky breath as someone approached him.

"Hey, man," Taehyung spoke, placing a hand on his shoulder. "How do you feel?"

"Like I'm about to shit my pants," Namjoon said, his voice shaking just as much as his hands were. The rest of the guys appeared behind Taehyung, and while Haru, his ultimate source of comfort wasn't there, he was damn glad to have the rest of his best friends there.

Namjoon had a brief idea of how the trial was going to go: the case was going to be presented to the Chief Warlock, then witnesses would go up to the stand. Adelaide would go first, then Namjoon, and then Yongjin. While he was thankful that he didn't have to go first or last, the fact that he still had to go was nervewracking. 

As everyone was directed to their seats, the Chief Warlock took his own.

"The trial against Marvella Delacroix is now in session."

Marvella, escorted by two dementors, entered the courtroom. As she took her seat in the lone chair in the middle, invisible, magical bindings wrapped around her torso, arms, and legs. Namoon looked at the girl whom he once thought he loved and saw that she had lost her sanity. Her usual, neatly laid hair was a frizzy mess. She almost seemed... pleased to be sitting there, the center of everyone's attention. She looked dirty and tired, and Namjoon had to look away.

The case was briefly addressed, describing the Triwizard Tournament and Marvella's attempted murder of Haru. Then, Adelaide was called up to the stand.

The girl sat there, wringing her hands. Marvella was smiling at her little sister, an evil glint in her eyes as she watched her squirm. 

"Please state your name," the Chief Warlock demanded.

"A-Adelaide Delacroix."

"Relation to the accused?"

"S-sister. H-half sister, actually," Adelaide mumbled, not looking up from her hands in her lap.

"Does your sister have any enemies?"

Marvella let out a snort that the Chief Warlock was not pleased about, sending her a side-eyed glance. 

"Not that I know of. Well, now I know that she does, but she never let on to anything during the tournament."

"We aren't talking about the tournament right now. In general, was there anyone that she had a strong hatred for, or anyone that had a strong hatred against her?"