Chapter the Twenty-seventh

The roar of the crowd was a low rumble in Haru's ears. She wrung her hands repeatedly as she paced back and forth. The first task was starting in a half an hour, and her blood-pressure had yet to stabilize.

She had to leave without a good luck kiss from Taehyung, or without a pat on the back from Namjoon, or really any interaction with any of her friends. Dumbledore had ushered her out of the castle and onto the Quidditch pitch, which had been modified to suit the dragons. Haru barely had enough time to scarf down some breakfast, which was only a muffin because that was all her stomach could handle.

Now, she really needed the reassurance. She had strength with her friends, and with no friends, she felt like she had no strength. She just wished that they would send her a sign to show their support.

"Why is there a ferret in the tent?" She suddenly heard Marvella shriek. 

Curious, Haru walked toward where her nemesis was, and sure enough, there was a ferret looking around curiously. She made eye contact with the animal and realized the situation before it started walking away, glancing back at Haru, beckoning her to follow. The girl definitely looked a little loony as she followed a ferret, but it was just any ferret.

She followed the furry creature as it escaped under the cloth of the tent. Haru was really supposed to leave the tent once she entered it, but there was a gap that she could peek out of. She pulled back the fabric and saw seven smiling, hopeful faces. 

"Guys," she said while letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding the whole time. They waved happily at her, even Seokjin who was hiding in the back and still looking a bit guilty. Her welcome party had shown up. "You don't know how much I needed you."

"We did," Jungkook said. "That's why we sent Hoseok after you."

Haru glanced at Hoseok who shuddered, "When you're small and cute, everywhere is big and scary. Isn't that right, Jimin?"

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?" Jimin asked, throwing his hands up exasperatedly. 

"Because you're small and cute."

"Fuck all of you."

Haru smiled at her friends. They had barely done any comforting, but the silly banter and just their presence, in general, made her feel warm and cozy inside. She scanned all of her friends' faces, joking and smiling at each other, but when her eyes landed on her boyfriend, his eyes were shining as he looked at her and only her. He looked at her as if she were his world, giving the butterflies in Haru's tummy butterflies.

"Hey," Taehyung said simply. 

Haru snorted, "Hi."

"You look cute when you're deathly afraid," Taehyung tried to flirt.

"That almost makes me want to be deathly afraid more often."

"Really?"

"No."

The two laughed as Taehyung walked up the sheet, resting his head on Haru's through the fabric. Haru felt the boy's warmth through the thin material that spread throughout her whole body.

"Any advice, dragon man?" Haru asked in a soft voice.

Taehyung laughed at the nickname. He hummed lowly, trying to pick his words and not spill every little fact about dragons stored in his brain. "They're scary, that's for sure. A single stunning spell won't work. I've only ever seen a group of dragon trainers be able to direct a dragon, all of them rapidly firing stunning spells. But, they do have one weakness: their eyes."

"Okay," Haru breathed.

"Haru?"

"Yeah?"

The girl heard Taehyung gulp. "Please don't die. I love you too much."