Chapter the Twenty-ninth;;

Taehyung felt stuffy.

If he thought Hogwarts uniforms were stiff and scratchy, nothing came close to the dress robes he was forced to wear for the Ball. Haru helped pick it out for him since he did not trust his parents on sending him some robes. His robes were black but in certain lights, little flecks of gold sparkled through. He thought it looked cool, and Haru insisted that it made his eyes pop.

However, no matter how nice his robes were, he would much rather be in a t-shirt and jeans. His necktie felt like it was going to choke him out, his dress shoes were hurting his feet, and the whole vibe of the ball felt too formal. 

Taehyung awaited his date at the entrance to the Great Hall. Hoseok, Seokjin, and Jimin were standing with him. Namjoon was with Marvella, Jungkook with Yugyeom, and Yoongi was who knows where honestly. 

Jimin wouldn't pick his head up. From across the corridor, Franny stood there with some of her friends. She kept sneaking glances at Jimin, trying to be subtle about it, but Jimin felt every single stare. With every shift of her eyes, Jimin's heart hurt more and more.

Meanwhile, up in the Ravenclaw common room, Celeste was finishing the last of Haru's curls while Amelia was plucking stray eyebrow hairs. Haru ignored the pair, reading a book that she thought would help her with her egg problem. As she read the last page, she groaned as she realized she failed yet again.

"Stress causes wrinkles, Haru," Amelia said, smoothing out the crease between her eyebrows. "I know that this egg is bothering you because it's all you talk about, but let it go for one night. Your amazing boyfriend is downstairs, all your best friends to dance with, and Hogwarts loves you. Don't let a golden egg bother you so much."

Haru let out a deep sigh as she closed her eyes, trying not to let frustrated tears leak out of her eyes and ruin all the makeup Amelia did. She knew Amelia was right, but the egg bothered her so much. It held a clue to the next task, which could potentially mean life or death. At the same time, the Yule Ball was supposed to be a chance for everyone to destress. 

As she opened her eyes, she finally looked herself in the mirror. Her hair was in a low messy updo, stray curls falling in her face and Celeste did an amazing job. Amelia gave her a gold, smoky eyeshadow look that also made her eyes pop. 

Haru stood up, looking at the full image of herself in her dress. Her mom helped her pick it out; it was royal blue tulle gown with lace appliques and off-shoulder straps. Celeste and Amelia both gasped at Haru's look.

"You look stunning," Amelia clapped her hands.

"A proud Ravenclaw sporting her house color," Celeste cooed at the girl. "You look like a princess."

Haru smiled at her reflection, "My prince is waiting for me."

-

"Even her name is gross," Seokjin grimaced. "Marvella," he gagged. Jimin rolled his eyes as Hoseok scoffed. Taehyung, on the other hand, anxiously awaited Haru walking down the stairs. He was barely listening to Seokjin.

"Just because she stole your boyfriend, doesn't mean you have to criticize everything about her," Hoseok tried to reason with the oldest.

It was Seokjin's turn to scoff this time, "He's not my boyfriend, and I hate her for more than that. She's horrible to Haru, first of all. And she somehow managed to steal Namjoon from all of us. Since when has Namjoon talked to anyone besides us? What blackmail is she holding over his head?"

"I think you're being dramatic," Jimin insisted, but Seokjin shook his head, well, dramatically.

"No! There's a personality disorder that perfectly describes her. She's deceitful, hostile, irresponsible, manipulative, and aggressive," Seokjin told. "Ah, I can't think of the name right now."