Chapter the Thirty-sixth;;

"It's a dangerous tournament, sir. Accidents are bound to happen."

"Get the fuck away," Yongjin only snarled at Marvella who gladly took a step away from the gruesome scene.

The brass band had screeched to a halt, and all that could be heard in the eerie silence were the sounds of Haru's struggles and Madame Pomfrey ordering her assistants around. She was scared that Haru was going to strain her neck by how hard she was thrashing from the pain, so she ordered Taehyung to keep her head still.

The boy looked ashen as he walked on shaky legs to his beloved. He couldn't feel the ground that his feet were planted on. He couldn't feel the clothes against his skin. He felt numb as he looked at Haru in the state she was in. At that moment, he thought she wasn't going to make it, and his only regret was that he never got to tell her that he loved her.

Taehyung sat with his knees on the ground and lifted Haru's head so that she could use his thighs as a pillow. As soon as she felt Taehyung's touch, she seemed to calm down a bit. Madame Pomfrey dropped some sort of serum on Haru's thigh and shoulder, which closed the wounds. Her shoulder, though, would need reconstruction once they got her to the infirmary. 

During all of this, the rest of the boys had made their way to Haru, after Dumbledore allowed them of course. Namjoon dragged himself closer as the rest stayed back, wanting to give everyone some privacy.

When Namjoon saw Haru close up, he dashed to a trash bin and emptied the contents of his stomach. Bright, shining Haru was now fighting for her life on the dirty ground, and he couldn't help but blame himself. How could he have been so stupid? Of course, it wasn't entirely his fault, but he still hated himself for it.

After he wiped his mouth, Namjoon walked back over to Haru. Marvella saw him approaching, and she attempted to throw herself on him, "Oh, Joonie, isn't it horrible?" She fake sobbed.

Namjoon lightly pushed her off of him when she placed her hands around his shoulders and he walked closer to Haru. Marvella looked shocked, "Joonie, aren't you going to comfort me?" She asked, batting her eyelashes, but Namjoon wasn't looking at her. Even if he was, her tricks weren't gonna work on him anymore.

"Don't you dare fucking talk to me," he said, putting a finger up in her direction as he watched Madame Pomfrey drop the serum on Haru's thigh first. Yongjin turned around and looked up at the younger boy, a proud gleam behind his eyes.

"Joonie-"

"And don't you dare fucking call me that ever again," Namjoon growled as he turned around to face the French woman. "You're a damn monster, d'you know that?"

"W-what are you talking about?" Marvella started to fake cry, but it wasn't even close to convincing. A vein was popping out in her forehead from how hard she was trying to get some tears to fall. "I thought you loved me."

"Because that's what you wanted," Namjoon snapped. "You used your veela charms on me, but you're so intolerable that you couldn't get me to care for you. So when you realized that, you tried slipping me love potions."

"I would never--"

"I'm not finished," Namjoon said lowly, which was scarier than when he was booming. "You stole me away from Haru for your own selfish gain. You have threatened her verbally this whole tournament, and driven such an unforgivable wedge between me and her, and I don't know if we can come back from that. You've ruined my life and my friendships Marvella, but it's about damn time that I start reclaiming it."

"Slipping smuggled potions and threatening a student, Ms. Delacroix?" McGonnogal asked in awe. "That's against this school's highest rules."

"Ours as well," the Head Mistress of the Bouxbaton academy said, stepping in.