Chapter 3 : A day in hell

Part 1: Jab Koi Baath Bigad Jaaye (when something goes wrong.)

Chapter 3: First day in hell

Akshara
'Hey let's skip college and go murder the guy who founded Monday!' Vismaara said as we both moved towards the college building.

'Agreed. Let's go. Let's go right now!' I said and I turned to go, but stopped at the sight of a limousine pulling into the college grounds. Clearly I was not the only one to have spotted it, as many people were running towards it.

This is your typical college movie about to start, right here. 

At least someone is fortunate enough to come to college in style on Monday.

Humne toh pichle janam mein paap kiya hai, isi liye uss ghatiya bus mein aana padta hai. (We have done some great mistake in our last lives, so we have to travel in that disgusting bus.)

Right then I made up my mind. I would stage for someone to be killed on being hit by a bus, and at the last moment I would throw myself in to protect that person and die. And thus, I'd earn myself a free ticket to heaven. Or hell.

Hey, hell has to be better than this place. I hope.

*****

We were sitting in English class when it happened. Of course, it started full filmy style. You know your typical Main Hoon Na nonsense.

There was a sudden gust of wind that blew my papers away from my desk. (Check.)

They went and settled down on the floor because of course there's no other place they'd fly away to. (Check.)

I bent down to pick them up when a hand picked them up for me. (Check.)

I looked up to see a guy staring at me. (Check.)

He held out his hand. Which were holding my papers. 'Yours I believe?' he said, smiling. (Check.)

SERIOUSLY though, how do such things happen in real life without a camera crew that's coordinating the fan for the wind and the lighting for the perfect stare?

I snatched them out of his grip, gave him a once-over glance and walked back to my place.

Moments later the desk next to me creaked as someone dropped their books on to the desk.

'Hello Axe!' And I knew it was Karthik. Only he came up with nicknames that no one could understand. 'Karthik.' I muttered back as a greeting and we both fell silent, cursing school, cursing time and cursing each other for forcing ourselves to socialise with the other.

'Naye ladke ko pata liya tune? (You got the new guy already?)' he said, grinning. When I didn't reply, he continued. 'Dekha maine. (I saw!)'

I couldn't keep quiet any longer. 'Kya dekha? Chashma toh tune nahi pehna. Aur aankhen toh teri pure kharab hai. Andha hai tu andha. (What did you see? You're not wearing your glasses. And your eyes are completely useless. You're blind. Blind, I tell you.) I said, poking him.

'Tune jawab nahi diya.' he sang. And I shot him an annoyed glance.

'Nahi pataya (No). Not interested. At all.' I said, glaring slightly. 'Woh tujhme bohot interested hai! (Looks like he's very interested in you!)' he said, grinning.

I looked behind my shoulder to find the same guy looking at me. When he caught me looking he gave me a slight smile which I ignored and turned around.

'Keep him away from me. Like, kilometres away. Please.' I muttered to Karthik.

'What's in it for me?' he asked.

'Mummy's brownies, a whole bag.'

Karthik gave me a dazzling smile and nodded. Uff. It was true. Boys loved food more than their lives. Well, I do too. So, no judgement from my side, I guess.

*****
'Hey.'

'Hey Vismaara. How was class?'

Surprisingly, Vismaara and I were never put in the same class. Even our parents had asked the principal many times, but she had never agreed.

This (again) must be some consequence of some stupid sin I committed in my previous life.

'Ugh don't ask. Some nasty jerk joined this college and he won't stop pestering me!' she grumbled, tearing open her sandwich pack. I looked at her warily. This new guy must have been a real pain in the arse, cause he had really pissed her off. Nothing ticks Vismaara off unless it's really extreme. Like a honeybee attack. Or a broken nail. Well, something that causes extreme pain.

'What's his name?' I asked, tearing open my own sandwich pack.

'Ryan Fernandez. Nice to meet you!' A guy dropped into the seat next to me, gleaming at me. He gave me a smile and then turned to grin at Vismaara. She glared at him, but said nothing.

'Fernandez Huh? You aren't related to Sameer by anyway right?' I asked. He looked at me once and then his eyes widened.

'Oh my god! You figured it out! You are a genius!'he said, looking at me with wide eyes.

I glared at him and his face morphed into a grin. 'Chill. I know Sameer. Yeah, he's my distant cousin.' he said, putting his hands behind his head. Typical jerk move.

'Ryan? Tu yaha kyu baitha hai?  (Why are you sitting here?)' a new voice said and I turned to see a guy. He was the guy from my class. And Karthik was nowhere to be seen.

Well, no brownies for him, no sir.

'Raghav!' Ryan said, motioning for the guy to sit down. So maybe this guy was Raghav Kapoor. 'Hi, I'm Raghav.' He said, grinning at me and Vismaara.

I looked at Vismaara and she looked back. A look of understanding passed between us. 'Let's go.'

We both got up at the same moment, walking away from the two boys who had interfered in our pleasant lunch time. And though we didn't know at that point in time, in our lives too.

Of course I started to feel a bit guilty. They were new. Maybe we were being too harsh? I threw a glance at them behind my shoulder.

My mouth fell open in surprise. There was a crowd gathered by their table. Like a huge crowd! People were shoving and pushing each other. Like they were trying to get the two guys to talk to them. Like they were celebrities or something.

Well, that's interesting.

Hello my lovelies!

How was the update?
You know the usual, vote comment and pm me!!!

How was the update?You know the usual, vote comment and pm me!!!

(Edited)