Chapter 12: Food Fight

Part 2: Chahe tum kuch naa kaho, maine sun liya (When you don't say anything, I will have heard it already.)

Chapter 12: food fight.

Akshara
'Okay, surprise test!' my chemistry professor waved about some sheets of paper in front of us. I put my head into my hands, wishing I could disappear. Ugh. I did a big mistake taking up science in PUC. Yep, I am in college. But I like referring to college as school. Old habits die hard, I guess.

In front of me Vismaara was shaking her head. It was as if I could read her thoughts. Why did I come to school today?

I gave her foot a slight nudge from below. 'Have you studied?' I asked. She shook her head. I thanked god that I wouldn't be failing alone.

Professor Verma placed the question papers on our desks as we readied ourselves with sheets to write on. When I looked up there was a chit sitting on top of my question paper. 'Disco party at my house today evening. You have to come. -RK' I turned around in my seat to look at Raghav sitting in the other corner of the room. He was smirking at me, eyebrows raised. I nodded, and then pointed to Vismaara. He nodded, but grudgingly.

I tapped Vismaara and passed her the chit. 'Copying are we, Akshara?' I jumped in my seat as Prof. Verma stopped next to me. Vismaara turned around immediately, acting as if she didn't know me at all.

Betrayal.

The chit was snatched out of my hand. Prof. Verma gave me a smug smile as he unfolded it. Reading it his eyebrows went up. He looked up and gave me a serious glance. I gulped, fearing what he would do next. The entire class had become silent. Everyone was watching the whole situation unfold.

'Start writing girls and boys. No need to stare at Akshara like you've never seen her before.' he said, and I let out a sigh of relief. He turned to go, but not before saying 'Akshara, I want you to meet me after class. And the writer of this note too!' he added the last sentence in a loud tone.

Shit.

*****
I let out a breath as I finished my paper. Not bad. I had actually remembered some things. Miracles were happening everywhere in the world. This was one of them. Never stop believing in miracles, kiddos.

The bell rang and everyone started to go out. I was wondering whether Raghav would come to Prof.Verma at the end of class or not.

Anyhow, I waited after class as Professor collected the papers. When he came to me, he snatched my papers and then said 'Ah. So you wrote the note.' My respect for Raghav increased by 0.0000001%.

I turned around to see Ryan glaring at the professor.

I gave him a questioning glance, and he just shrugged.

Yep. Raghav was a good for nothing idiot. At least Ryan was better.

'Since you both want to hangout at some parties instead of studying, I'm giving you both detention. After school, stay back and help the drama committee with that play they're working on, and don't think you can escape. I have my sources to tell me whether you were there or not!' he said, smirking at the two of us. I nodded, internally groaning and walked out, Ryan following me.

'Why did you stay back?!' I asked, as soon as we were out. 'Because, Raghav asked me to.' he groaned, slapping his forehead on annoyance. 'You know, I know you're his manager and best friend and all, but you shouldn't let him walk all over you like this.' I said, giving him a sideways glance.

He stopped in his tracks. 'If you don't know what's happening, stay out of it!' he spat and stormed away, leaving me back puzzled.

Boys have too much of hormonal imbalance and that affects their moods a lot. Vismaara had told me that once. Now I had experienced that. And people call girls confusing!