Chapter 22: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far away

Part 3: Kacchi Hawa Kaccha Dhuaa, ghul raha. Kaccha sa Dil lamhein naye chun raha. (Raw breeze and Raw smoke dissolve in each other. The Raw, young, inexperienced Hearts choose new experiences).

Chapter 22: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far away.

Akshara

"You are both disgusting, you know that right?!" I spat, as Vismaara and Ryan played tonsil hockey. Vismaara pulled back to smirk at me. "I cannot get enough of him." she said, gazing adorably at him. I felt bile rise up in my throat. I struggled to force it down, and Raghav smirked at me. I would have normally glared at him, but since that conversation I had had with him at the Slick Flick Carnival, I was feeling much more better towards him...and slightly guilty as well. Until that moment, when he had confided in me, I had never known what effect my little angered action had on him. I still felt guilty. 

"I can't get enough of cursing you both." I muttered, rolling my eyes and slurping my smoothie. Ryan poked his tongue out at me and went back to his game. Bloody git. "Hey wait a minute, what's the date today?" Vismaara asked suddenly, pulling away from him. He pouted at the disgustingly. "Um...the 13th?" Raghav said, a confused look on his face. "Shit! Akshara! Dude! We had to go for shopping for prom today right?!" Vismaara cast a horrified look at me. I choked on my smoothie and coughed, my chest hurting. Raghav rubbed his hand down my back, and it felt oddly comforting. "Who...who...said we were going to prom?" I asked, my eyes watering. 

Vismaara looked at me weirdly. "Yeah I know you aren't coming...then who told me that?" She scrunched her face up in the thought process. I snorted into my smoothie and slurped it again. "You're not going to prom?" Raghav was looking at me curiously. I nodded. "Why the heck not?" He asked. "I hate the whole idea of dressing up just for one night...and all that shit. Eh, it's just too much of work man...Besides, no one's asked me." I said, shrugging. Raghav nodded, and sunk back into his seat. 

"If someone did...ask you I mean, would you go then?" he asked. I looked at him, trying to figure what he was getting at. Was he asking me to go with him?  "I'll have to get back to you on that!" I said, finally. Raghav shook his head, grinning slightly and turned away. I turned back to my smoothie and glanced up to see Vismaara grinning at me, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "What?" I demanded, and she just shook her head, still smirking. 

The little witch is up to something. I can sense it.

*****

"Hey Akshara." It was Shaurya. His face was stoic and blank as he sat down next to me. A guilty pang hit me. "Hey." I said, trying to figure out what to say to him. "Where's Raghav?" he said, bitterly. I let out a sigh. I knew he was pissed off at me. "Listen, I am sorry for deserting you like that the other day. Raghav is my friend, and he needed me...I couldn't just desert him could I?" I said, begging internally for him to see reason. He nodded stiffly. "A heads up would have been nice." He said, turning around to give me an uneasy smile. I smiled in relief. "Thank you." I whispered, and he nodded, a dazzling smile gracing his handsome face. 

We were halfway into the history class, when a note landed in front of me. I looked up at Shaurya to find him already looking at the note, smirking. I picked it up gingerly. Hesitatingly, I opened it because I knew this teacher wasn't exactly fond of class interrupters and note passers...well, who was really?  

"A little birdie told me you didn't have a date to the prom?" I smiled at Shaurya's loopy handwriting. "Well, that is one honest bird." I scribbled in, and passed it to him from underneath the table. As I passed it to him, his hand brushed against mine, and I sucked in a breath. My heart easily slipped in the dreadful overdrive mode. Butterflies erupted, and I felt my ears heat up. Damn. Get a control over your hormones woman.