Chapter 26: Crushes and Complications

Part 3: Kacchi hawa, Kaccha dhuaa, ghul raha. Kaccha sa dil lamhein naye chun raha.( Raw breeze and Raw smoke dissolve in each other. The Raw, young, inexperienced Hearts choose new experiences).

Chapter 26: Crushes and Complications.

Akshara
Thank the lord it's the weekend. Weekends are God's holiest creations. They're known to spread joy, warmth and happiness in your daily routine lives. Weekends are the much needed break after you tirelessly slave for the rest of the week. Weekends are the things which help you solve problems calmly, and help you recreate and make memories with your people.

But most of all, Weekends let you sleep.

And that is what is most important.

So there I was, sleeping in my bed on the lovely Saturday morning. Pleasant dreams were gracing my sleep. That is, until mom decided to rip open my curtains and let sunshine pour in. I woke up groggily, not knowing where I was or what I was doing. When I opened my eyes, it was to see my best friend and her boyfriend both smirking at me.

'What are you doing here?'

'jeez!' they both backed away, waving their hands in front of their faces. Then I understood why. The fragrance of my morning breath. Oh for the love of-

'Go brush your teeth and have a bath. Now! We need to speak to you!' they both said at the same time. That creeped me out and I rushed to follow their orders like a willing slave.

'Alright, are you clean and Eugh - odour free?' Vismaara made a face while saying Eugh. I nodded, a bit pissed off to see my sleep being cut off.

'Okay... Now tell me... What is going on between you and Raghav?' Ryan asked, leaning forward. I gasped, in a not so subtle way, and then shook my head.

'Nothing!'

'Nothing? Nothing?' Vismaara repeated, in a low tone. I gulped nervously, and then nodded.

'Nothing is going on between my best friend and you?' Ryan asked, leaning forward. I looked at him for a second, contemplating whether to tell them I was crushing on Raghav or not.

Then I nodded again. They both burst out laughing. I looked at them in confusion, wondering what stupid worm had gotten into their minds.

This is all because they keep snogging each other all the time. Their saliva and intelligence must have mixed and hence gone mushy.

'Akshara! You're so innocent!' Vismaara said, shaking her head with a sly smile on her face.

'What?' I said. Like Helloooo, I'm the girl who says Fuckety Fuck, I know stuff about... Stuff. I'm not... Innocent.

Well technically, I would be innocent cause I haven't murdered anyone y'know?

'It's so obvious that you like him and he likes you!' Ryan said, smirking. I raised an eyebrow at him. 'Aren't you too manly to take part in our gossip?'

'Woah hey! What's with the sexism? Even boys gossip! But we don't let you know that's all! We're very private in our gossping.' he said, nodding seriously.

I turned to Vismaara. 'Seriously? You're dating this guy?'

She gave me an 'eh!' kind of shrug and I rolled my eyes. 'Anyway, as I was saying before Akshara got all Sexist and stuff,' he turned to give me the stink eye, 'It is so obvious that you like him and he likes you!'

I shook my head vigorously, before deciding to just let it go and not make a big deal out of it.

'Well... Part of that is true. I do like him.' I admitted, feeling a little too hot in my air-conditioned room.