Chapter 37: Trouble in paradise

Part 4: Naa hai yeh paana, naa khona bhi hai (I don't want this, I don't want to lose this either).

Chapter 37: Trouble in paradise

Akshara
My phone beeped, signalling that I had a message from someone. I paused the movie that I was watching on my laptop, and picked up my phone. The message notification caught my eye, with Raghav's name beside it. My stomach sank a little. I'd been avoiding talking to him for a while now. I didn't want to be a distraction in his life. I didn't want to ruin his career, or blow his chances at landing that record deal.

Of course, I made Ryan promise me that he wouldn't tell Raghav anything about our little talk. Turns out my involvement in this whole thing is way deeper than being a distraction.

I was the reason why my boyfriend's career was on the verge of destruction before it could even begin.

I was the reason why Ryan was dealing with a lot of pressure from the CEO of Yulu records and as well as Raghav's parents.

I was the reason why Ryan couldn't sleep at night, because he had to stay up and sort out management issues, and assure them that Raghav was indeed working on music. Which he wasn't. He was just writing lyrics. There's a lot more to music, than just lyrics. I, of all people, know that very well.

I couldn't help shake the feeling that maybe we didn't belong together. That I was only bad for him. And that was exactly why I had to avoid him. I liked him way too much to break up with him. But, I'd been planning to break up with him, soon. For his own good.

I unlocked my phone and swiped through to look at the message.
----------------------------------------------------
Raghav (2:08 pm, Wednesday)
Hey Akshara. Wanted to speak to you about something important. Meet me later?

✔✔seen.
----------------------------------------------------
I sighed, wondering what to do. He sounded so upset. Not a single exclamation mark. Maybe he had gotten a wind of the whole break up aura I'd been building up all these days.

But Raghav was a wonderful person. He deserved to be happy. Even if it was with someone else. I couldn't do this to him. He deserves an explanation for god's sake! Come on Akshara, grow some calls and so it. Break up with him tonight. Come on!

---------------------------------------------------
Akshara (2:10 pm, Wednesday)
Hey. Where?
---------------------------------------------------

He replied immediately.

---------------------------------------------------
Raghav (2:10pm, Wednesday)
Great! I'll pick you up at 4:30! Wear something sexy, beautiful! See you soon! :* <3
✔✔ seen.
---------------------------------------------------

Oh god. I'm so breaking his heart today.

He doesn't deserve this.

He so doesn't deserve this.

*****
I fidgeted with my sling bag, as I waited for Raghav to arrive. There was a strange kind of feeling in my stomach. Like a sense of impending doom. My heart was growing more and more guilty with each second.

The revving of his car made me jump a little. I looked up to see his familiar Mercedes gleaming in the sunlight, with him smiling at me in that usual heart melting way.

'Come on! I have a reservation!' he called out, smiling and I rushed over to sit in the backseat.

'Why didn't you pick up any of my calls?! Do you know how worried I was that someone kidnapped you?!' he said, sounding hurt, his eyes glinting in the rear view mirror.