Chapter 27: Discos and Chemistry

Part 3: Kacchi hawa, kaccha dhua, ghul raha. Kachha sa dil, lamhein naye chun raha( Raw breeze and Raw smoke dissolve in each other. The Raw, young, inexperienced Hearts choose new experiences).

Chapter 27: Disco and Chemistry.

Akshara
'I don't give a damn about what you say, but we're going out tonight. End of matter.' Shaurya said firmly, as my meek protests died out.

'Shaurya, listen to me. It's important that you get this.' I said, trying to get him to listen to me. He had on a pissed off look and I hated that I was doing this to him. He was one of the sweetest people on earth, and I was going to break his heart.

'Shaurya......I was not thinking properly when I got into this relationship with you.' I started, running through my rehearsed speech. Shaurya stared at me impassively. I took a deep breath, knowing that this was going to hurt him a lot.

'Shaurya... I want to... Um..
Break up.' I stated, and his eyes literally bulged out.

They better not fly out of their eyeballs. Or it will be a mess.

'You're breaking up with me? Why?' he sounded aghast, and there was a bit of a rage in there as well.

'Like I said... I'm stupid! I didn't know where my true feelings were, when I agreed to go out with you. But now I have realized that. So it's unfair of me to lead you on for even a moment more, Shaurya. You're a wonderful guy, and you deserve an equally wonderful girl. And you'll find her one day... ' I trailed off, watching as his face crumbled and a look of hurt settled in his eyes.

His eyes lost their sparkle and he looked at me gloomily. 'Shaurya?' I asked. He held up a hand.

'How could you do this to me? So all this while you've been playing with my feelings then huh Akshara?! I can't believe I let you!' he shouted, running a hand through his hair. I took a step back, feeling a little apprehensive.

'You are a bitch Akshara. And I hate you.' he spat, his eyes burning holes into me. I gulped down my sob,  and silently listened to whatever he had to say to me. I deserved it after all.

He stormed off, his shoulders hunched up and tight, his fists clenched. I let out a small sigh. There was an unbearable pain thudding through my chest, making me feel pathetic and weak. He was right. I was a bitch. My vision blurred, and I walked away, feeling my own tears slip over my eyes and hoping that was the last ever time I'd hurt anyone.

*****

Raghav
'Hey Ryan, hey Vismaara!' I greeted my best friend and his girl over the booming music of the disco club. Ryan nodded at me, while Vismaara smiled. I looked behind them, hoping to catch a sight of Akshara. But, my hopes were crushed when I didn't spot her. I turned to speak to the two lovebirds standing in front of me, only to find that there was only one standing there.

Vismaara. And I didn't want to be left alone with her. Cause we all know how that ended up the last time.

'Tumhaari Aankhein kisko dhoond rahi hai? (Who is it that your eyes are searching for?)' she questioned, smirking. I cleared my throat nervously.

'Where's your... Um... Best friend?' I asked. Before she could reply, my girlfriend Kiara came and hugged me from the rear end. She spun me around so that I was facing her and pressed her mouth onto mine.

She reeked of alcohol.

'C'mon na baby! Let's dance!' she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor. I cast a despairing look over my shoulder at Vismaara, who just simply smirked. I flipped my finger at her, and let myself be dragged across the floor like a lump of dead meat.