Chapter 31: Cherry Lips, Crystal Skies

(Advance warning, VERY LONG CHAPTER.) 

Part 4: Naa hai yeh paana, naa khona bhi hai. (I don't want this, I don't want to lose this either)

Chapter 31: Cherry Lips, Crystal Skies 

Akshara

I got back to Shaurya, feeling a bit more determined. If Raghav was going to try anything, he would have repercussions. If he didn't, he wouldn't have them. And like I said, two can play at that game. Shaurya looked a bit worried when I saw him. Seeing me, his face split into a wide grin. "There you are, I thought you got lost or something!" he said, smiling. "Not a kid, Shaurya." I said, grinning back. He shook his head, and then looked at my hands. "Didn't get a drink?" he asked, raising a brow. "Nope. Ran into some complications." I said, rolling my eyes. "Complications?" he questioned, I nodded, not wanting to tell him my crush problems of all things. 

"Let's just say, I took care of it. Speaking of drinks, I really am thirsty!" I realized that my throat was parched, and it was feeling scratchy. "Alright, I'll go get us both some drinks." Shaurya laughed and walked away, my eyes trained on him. Once I was sure he was gone, I turned around, my eyes seeking out Vismaara. There she is!  I quickly made my way over, pushing some people over in my haste. She was dancing with Ryan, having a great time, I think. "Sorry Ryan, but I need my best friend for a mo!" I grabbed her hand and pulled her along with me to a corner. 

"What? What's happening?" Vismaara looked pissed off. "Well, I ran into Raghav, and for some unknown reason, he thinks I am playing some sort of game, making him jealous and all!" I said, all in one breath. Vismaara's eyes were wide. "He said that?!" she stammered, gaping. "Word to word. Directly quoted." I nodded. She looked surprised for a minute. Then she quickly regained her composure. "And, what are you going to do now?" she asked, her eyes trained on something behind me. "I don't know. I am not playing him Maara, I am not! I'm just here to have a good time!" I said, shaking my head in a tired sort of way. She nodded, smiling at me gently. "I know Akshy. You're not of that sort. No, Siana's like that, not you. You know what?" her voice grew loud. 

"What?" I whispered, eagerly waiting for her advice. "Screw it! You're here for yourself Akshara. Don't let him take away that from you! Enjoy your night, and make sure it's a night you'll remember. If you need any help, any at all, I'm here for you!" she said, her eyes sparkling with pride. I nodded, my throat feeling a bit constricted. "Thank you Maara. You're the best!" I engulfed her in a hug. "I know honey, that's why everyone wants to be my best friend now!" she said, pulling back to smirk at me. "No, I think it's cause you've got that hottie now!" I said, grinning in the direction of Ryan. Vismaara followed my line of vision, and let out a small laugh. "Might be!" She laughed and walked away, winking at me. I finger-gunned at her, and she laughed again, before blowing me a kiss. I pretended to catch it and place it near my heart. 

"Why do I keep losing you?" Shaurya was saying, as I made my way back to him. I laughed, feeling much better now. That's why she's my best friend I tell you! She can never make me stay sad for long, without making me laugh. "Maybe because I'm an easy catch, but a difficult keep?" I said, grinning. "Maybe." Shaurya grinned back. "Thanks for this Shaurya, I am really enjoying my evening." I added, in a grateful tone. Shaurya shook his head. "Don't thank me! I should thank you for accompanying me tonight! Did I tell you how great you look?" He said, stroking my hair. I smiled and took the drink from his hand, holding the glass with both my hands. 

*****

Now it was time for the partner shuffle dance. The thing I was most dreading. Well, you've got to face your fears sometime right? Keeping that optimistic thought in mind, I let Shaurya lead me into the two rows of the shuffling partners theme. I stood in line, next to Alisha, with Shaurya standing in front me, and Akshay in front of her. She grinned at me, wiggling her eyebrows in Shaurya's direction, who was speaking to my dorky best friend. I shook my head at her exaggerated eyebrow waggling, and nudged her, looking at Akshay (who was already looking at her with a smile on his face.) She blushed bright red, hiding her face in my shoulder. I laughed, and Akshay and Shaurya laughed too. I looked up from Alisha's face to see Raghav staring at me, from almost the end of the line, while I was at the starting.