Chapter 18: Akshara's new crush.

Part 2: Chahe tum kuch naa kaho, maine sun liya (when you don't say anything, I'll have heard it already).

Chapter 18 : Akshara's new crush.

Akshara
I had made up my mind. I would apologise to Vismaara. Face to face. I would tell her what was troubling me. I would tell her what was eating me up alive. She'd understand. She had to. She was my best friend after all.

The next morning I woke up feeling hopeful and radiant. Today was going to be a nice day. I had a feeling. So, if bad day feelings worked accurately, good day feelings should also work right?

Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

I got ready in a jiffy, and stopped by the gift shop on the way to school. I bought a new charm bracelet, with a new charm and stuffed it into my bag. Today I was going to apologise to her and make everything between us better. I wouldn't give up until I did.

I bounded into the school building, humming under my breath. The good thing about it was, Vismaara's locker was right next to mine. So she would have to stop by, and then I would apologise.

I stood by my locker, stuffing my bag in, but not before pulling out the charm bracelet. As I stood and waited, Akshay walked by. He seemed surprised to see me. 'I'm guessing you're apologising.' he said, crossing his arms, an eyebrow raised.

I nodded, sweetly smiling. I spotted Vismaara walking up to us. When she saw me, her face went pale. But she didn't stop. She came walking towards us. She stopped in front of me. Her eyes dropped to the charm bracelet I held. She looked at me, eyebrows raised.

'Are you seriously thinking of giving Akshay a charm bracelet?' she asked.

And I knew everything between us was going to be okay.

'No. Pssh! Get out of here you moron.' I pushed Akshay away and he stumbled. 'Wow. You're mean.' he said, glaring at me and walking away. Once he went away, I looked at Vismaara carefully.

'This is for you. I'm sorry Maara.' I said, handing the bracelet to her. 'I was an asshole. There was lots of things going on and it was eating me up alive. I wanted to tell you, but I was afraid it would affect our friendship. And ultimately it did. And now I realised that you are more important than all that other stuff. Please accept this as my sorry gift?' I said, all in a single breath.

Vismaara looked at me with a scrutinizing look. 'I cannot accept it.' she said, smiling. I felt the fight drain out of me. 'Okay then... I'll just go...' I turned to go, cursing myself for arguing with her the previous day. 'Hey wait!' she pulled me back.

'What?' I asked. 'I said I can't accept it because I already have one.' she held up her arm and I squealed in surprise. The original charm bracelet!!!!!

'So keep that for yourself. Then we both have charm bracelets.' she said. I nodded and hugged her tightly, warmth spreading through me. She hugged me tightly, and I felt tears on my shoulder. 'But! You should tell me why!' she said, more like demanded as she pulled back. 'Promise!' I said.

*****

'So... Now you know why.' I said, as we both munched on a pack of chips during lunch break. 'Yeah. I can't believe Raghav liked me.' she said, a confused look on her face. 'Same.' I replied. 'Because I always thought he was interested in you Akshy. The way he looks at you, the way he's always talking about you... I just really felt he liked you... Like a lot.' she said, smiling.

What?!

Anyway I couldn't ponder on that thought for very long because she dropped an epic bomb on me.