Chapter 28 : Prom tortures

Part 3: Kacchi hawa, kaccha dhua, ghul raha. Kachha sa dil, lamhein naye chun raha( Raw breeze and Raw smoke dissolve in each other. The Raw, young, inexperienced Hearts choose new experiences).

Chapter 28: Prom tortures

Akshara
'Akshara I swear to god! If you dont come with us, right now, I'm gonna uninstall Netflix from all your technical gadgets!' Vismaara threatened. I shook my head in a no.

Ryan looked between the two of us, his mouth set in a thin line. He looked very uncomfortable standing there. He caught me looking at him, and glared. I smiled innocently in return.

'Akshara stop being so snobby! Come with me to the mall and let's get some ball gowns to wear to the prom!' Vismaara stomped her foot of my bedroom's floor. Let me remember. Did I tell her I broke up with Shaurya, who by the way, hates my guts now?!?

Yes. I believe I did. Before I went clubbing to that god forsaken club, and almost told the git I like that I liked him.

Oh the joys of being me.

'Vismaara, how many times do I have to tell you I'm not going to prom!' I said, snarling through my teeth. Vismaara crossed her arms and gave me a pleading look. 'But why not Akshy?! Please come!' she begged. My anger went off the boiling point.

'Vismaara! I freaking told you that I have NO DATE! Shaurya broke up with me, and Raghav's going out with Kiara,' I made a disgusted face at that, 'I have no date!' I pointed out. Vismaara nodded.

'That's why I'm telling you to come gown shopping with me! I'm not asking you to buy one! You've always helped with my shopping Akshy, and I look fabulous in whatever you choose! Please come?' she begged again.

I turned to Ryan for support, but he was smiling at Vismaara. Urgh. Lovesick git.

I could go and look at some ball gowns. I don't need to buy them...

'Alright, I'll come.' I said, knowing immediately that I would regret it. Vismaara squealed and jumped up, laughing. I couldn't help but laugh myself. Her excitement was contagious.

*****
As soon as I set foot in the gown section of the shop, I got a sense of impending doom. In my mind, I was seeing boards all over the shop that said 'You don't belong here Akshara!' and kept waiting for some guard to come and tell me that I wasn't allowed to be in here... And then he would push me out of the showroom.

Vismaara excitedly ran her fingers through some gowns, her eyes sparkling. I shook my head. Girls nowadays I tell you. She picked out some 5 gowns to try on. Like select one!

She dragged me to the changing rooms and made me wait there. I stood there awkwardly and the ladies who came in and went out looked at me weirdly. I tried smiling, only it came out as a wince. 'I'm trying on the first one!' Vismaara called out. I rolled my eyes. Okay Maara, I don't need a running commentary.

The door opened and she stepped out. I burst out laughing. It was a poofy green gown, and very loose on her. I shook my head. 'No.' Vismaara nodded and went back in again.

Finally when we arrived to the last one, she stepped out and I nodded happily. It was red strapless gown, fit till the waist and then flared out. It fit her like a glove, and she looked like she stepped out of a Disney movie. 'Go for this!' I said, nodding. She smiled happily and gave me a hug. As she walked in to change to her normal clothes, I left the changing room, tired of the weird glances. As I walked out I bumped into someone.

Akshay and Alisha.

'Akshara!' Alisha hugged me tightly and Akshay patted my head like I was some dog. I pulled back, smiling and looked at the two of them. 'What are you guys doing here?'