Epilogue (Chapter 48)

Raghav

I tapped my foot on the wooden, polished floor of the cafe as I waited for my date to arrive. I glanced down at myself to make sure I looked presentable. White shirt, black leather jacket and navy blue starched denims. Aviators tucked into belt-loop-hole. Hair left hanging, with a few strands of my bangs dropping into my eyes.

Come on, Raghav. You have millions of girls who  are crazy about this particular look of yours. Stop being so god damned nervous.  

But see that's the thing. None of those million girls took my heart and broke it and left and walked away. None of them are now returning back. So I can't really say whether my girl will like my outfit or not. I was sick of worrying about it. So, I decided to look at the cafe.

A retro theme swept over my vision, as I took in the cafe. Soft jazz music played out from the speakers mounted on the peach-maroon-beige walls. There's something about classical jazz that tends to soothe your nerves.

It's sensuous, like dark desires running through your mind and body. It has an evil yet appealing vibe to it, that makes you want to lose yourself completely. That's the reason why I loved jazz the most. 

The bell at the door chimed, making my auditory senses shift from the crooning jazz to the tinkling sound. My heart sped up, hopeful, as a figure stepped in, a woman based on her figure. I couldn't make out who it was, due to the bright sunlight outside that she was blocking.

I bent down to retrieve my phone from the table top, checking the time. 5:45 p.m. I gulped, my heart sinking. She was never really late for dates. She'd always be punctual whenever we'd gone out in the past. A nervous sweat broke out on my forehead, as my heart started hammering wildly when I considered the reasons as to why she was late.

What if she'd found someone else and decided not to come?

What if she wasn't interested anymore?

What if she decided I wasn't worth her time anymore?

What if she had moved-

"Hey." 

My head snapped up immediately, and I groaned, a shooting pain consuming my neck. I rubbed it, frowning, and looked up to see the woman from the door looking down at me. Of course, now I realized why my body had reacted that way to her voice. Of course it would.

It was her. 

"Hey." I stretched my lips into a lazy smile, as she sat down opposite to me, hair falling in waves as she bent forward and then leaned backward into her chair. Of course, I decided to take notice of her then properly. 

Fucking hell. She looked fabulous. 

Akshara

Holy mother of god, Chandler. He looked amazing. It shouldn't be allowed for him to get more attractive in those five years, while I'd only let dark shadows under my eyes grow due to the exhaustion of studies.

But then, I guess rock stars just sort of gradually grow more handsome with each day. He was smiling at me in that way that he'd always had, making my heart stutter and splutter. 

"How have you been?"

"How are you?"

We had spoken at the exact same time. I froze, waiting for his reaction. I hoped he would laugh. My expectations were fulfilled, as he smiled shyly for a moment, before I smiled too, and soon we were in a full blown state of laughter. I laughed loudly, clutching my stomach. It'd been so long since I had laughed like this.