Chapter 39 : Turbulence and Ideals

Part 4 : naa hai yeh paana, naa khona bhi hai (I don't want this, I don't want to lose this either.)

Chapter 39 : Turbulence and Ideals

Akshara
I was humming 'Better in stereo' under my breath as I stood in the check in line with my friends. All of them were here. Ryan, Vismaara, Karthik, Priyanka, Akshay and Alisha. There was also the wild entry card of Kiara. I was very surprised.... More like shocked... To see her there...

Fancy suitcase and purse in hand, big sunglasses perched on her nose. She had given me a look of disdain when she saw me. I had gladly returned it. What the fuck is she doing here?!

'Raghav invited her.' Vismaara said, a frown decorating her face. I frowned even more. 'Raghav invited her?!'  I said. Vismaara nodded, her eyes sparkling with annoyance.I let out a sigh. Why on earth would he do that?! Stupid Raghav. Dunno what I ever saw in him!  

My conscience was quick in jumping to his defense:He's cute, he respects women, he loves chocolate brownies, he respects all of your wishes, he staunchly believes in the sisters before misters thing, he has a nice face, his arms are super hot, his ass is quite cute and his pants fit him quite snugly so I guess his....

WOAH!  Okay, conscience! POINT PROVED. 

Within half an hour, I was inside the plane, searching for my seats. 32 A. My eyes widened in delight when I noticed that it was a window seat. I had never ever been in a window seat before! heck! I had never even set foot on a plane before!!!! The irony is that Raghav was my first here too. Raghav was my first in many things!

He was my first true boyfriend, cause let's face it Akshay and Shaurya weren't my boyfriends for that long. Wait. Maybe I couldn't stick to a single guy long enough? I MEAN, I HAD CHANGED THREE BOYFRIENDS IN A MATTER OF 10 MONTHS! Wow, slutty.

My self-hate process was brought to an abrupt halt when Kiara slumped into the seat next to mine. I turned away, looking out the window, feeling as if I could strangle Raghav to death. I could imagine it now, my hands slipping around his throat, strangling him as he squeaked apologies for booking her a seat right next to mine.

The asshole had very clearly done this on purpose! Oh my lord, when I get to the USA, I am so going to give him a piece of my mind and knee him in his family treasure jewels. 

My 'murder Raghav' planning came to an end as someone harshly poked my shoulder. I simply ignored Kiara. She poked me again. I ignored her. She poked me. I ignored her. I kept up the charade of poke-ignore-poke-ignore until she full on pinched my arm.Hard. I yelped in surprise and pain, glaring at her smug face.

A look of victory was planted in her eyes, as she seemed to take happiness in my wincing. "That was so NOT necessary!" I snapped, feeling hatred burn through me like never before. "I know." she stated, shrugging. "Then why do it, moron?!" I snapped.

"If you'd rather fall off your seat when we take off in a few moments..." she sung, and I felt a moment of surprise. I looked to the front, where the air hostess was glaring at me pointedly. When she saw me looking, she pointed to my seat belt. I nodded, giving her an apologetic smile, and she smiled back, all anger seeping away from her face. I buckled my seat belt, then turned to give a side way glance to Kiara. "Thanks." I muttered. "Hmm." she said, nodding and then bending forward to peep out the window. "Are you excited?" she asked. "There's no need to make idle conversation." I muttered, not answering her question. 

"I know that!" she spat, her voice sounding cold as usual, "I'm stuck on this flight for 22 hours next to you! I can't just sit there!" she said. Her words did make sense. "Yeah." I muttered again. "Yeah what?!" she asked. "Yeah, I'm excited." I explained, rolling my eyes. Kiara nodded, looking pleased with my answer. "I heard you and Raghav broke up?" Damn, this girl doesn't know the meaning of subtlety. I shot her a quick glare, to which she just smirked. "Seriously, out of all the things we could probably discuss, you want to talk about him?" I questioned, feeling a bit disgusted. "Of course I don't! But, I know that that is the only topic that will get you to open up and ramble on. So it's a great conversation starter!" she shrugged. 

I think my mouth fell open a bit. "You're annoying. You know that right?!" I spat, not giving a damn about hurting her feelings. "I've been told that many times! So, why'd you guys break up?" she prodded, leaning forward excitedly, her eyes lighting up with a signal that I recognized. Vismaara often had the same look in her eyes, it was a look that said gossip alert!  

"Hey. It's private." I said, firmly. Hoping she'd take the hint. But of course she didn't! "Is it because you still have feelings for your ex? Or do you like some other guy?" she had a full blown smirk on her face. I gaped at her, wondering where the hell she had come from. 

"I'll let you know that I'm a one-man girl. I'm not a slut." I defended myself, though in my earlier thoughts I had seemed like one. "Are you sure about that? Cause you seem to run through boyfriends like an alcoholic runs through alcohol bottle!" She said, laughing meanly at the end. "I think you should look in the mirror, and then speak. Cause that sounds like a self-definition." I smiled sweetly at her, enjoying the way her face morphed into a  frown.

"Oh? So it's not true that you've had 3 boyfriends in the last 10 months?!" she asked, a curious look on her face. I gasped loudly. "How'd you know that?!" I demanded, and she smirked at me. "Word gets around quite soon, Akshara." she said. Before I could reply, I felt a swooping sensation in my stomach. Then I realized that we had taken off already. Her hand was tightly wrapped around mine on the arm rest. I quickly snatched my hand away, glaring at her. 

Kiara laughed lightly. "Hey Akshara? Don't feel bad about what I just said. And also thanks." I shot her a confused look. "Why?" I asked. "Cause, while you were arguing with me about your ideals, you distracted me from my fear. I am very afraid of heights... We usually have a bit of  turbulence while taking off too and taking off is very scary to me." She gave me a grateful look. A smile was flashed at me, a very genuine one. I hesitantly returned it.

And suddenly, it felt as if she was not so bad after all. 

Hello my lovelies, how was the update?! 

Bye! 

Sorry for the late update!!!!

Tell me how it was too!

Also,btw, I scored 91.66% in my 10th grade ICSE exams ! (It's a big deal here!!)