Chapter 17: Tales of Superheroes and Supervillains

Part 2: Chahe tum kuch naa kaho, maine sun liya (When you don't say anything, I will have heard it already).

Chapter 17: Of Superheroes and Supervillains.

Vismaara
I can't believe what just happened. Did she... Did she just walk out on me like that? Walk out on our friendship like that? Was that all it meant to her?

Seriously? She destroyed our 16 year old friendship in 6 minutes. And if she even thinks, for a minute, that I am going to apologize, boy is she mistaken!

There were tears lurking in the corner of my eye, and I fought them back with anger and hatred. She deserved what she got today. It was true. She had been treating me like shit since the last three months.

She would never speak to me properly, never just talk and she would never let me hangout with her anymore.

I don't know what I ever did to her. It hurt me so bad. On so many levels. Akshara and I had been joined at the hip since we were 2 years old. And now? It's all gone.

How pathetic.

After she ran out, I bent over and picked up the charm bracelet she had given to me.

*flashback*
'Please... Please don't hurt me.' I heard a soft voice say as I bounded into the park, my pigtails flying behind me.

'Give me your lunch I said!' a boy's voice said. I turned around the corner to see a boy bent over a girl, snatching her lunch box.

'Hey, leave her alone, you meanie.' I said. The boy turned to face me. 'Oho! Look at this little girl who thinks she can stop me!' he said, mocking my voice.

If there was anything I hated the most in the world, it was bullies.

'I said leave her alone!' I said again, the boy looking angry now. He moved towards me, cracking his knuckles angrily.

'What if I don't, pigtails? What will you do to me?' he asked, smiling evilly. 'This!' I swung my metal water bottle at him, getting him in the face.

There was a sickening crunch as my water bottle hit his teeth,  and blood started to gush out. He howled in pain and fell back, his hands covering his bloody mouth. I went to girl and gave her an ice-cream I had brought along with me.

She looked at me, fright in her eyes. 'Ice cream?' I asked. She looked at my hand, and nodded. I gave her my ice cream and then went back to the boy.

I kept swinging my bottle at him, on his arm, on his leg, on his face... On his head... I never liked bullies.

*flashback ends*

I sat down outside, in the ground. I kept my eyes on the charm bracelet in my hand.

She was my best friend. My soul sister. My deep conversation talker. My 2 am comforter. And today, she had taken away all of that from me.

It hurt very much. She had stabbed me over and over with her words, and for no apparent reason. I wanted to fucking kill her and demand why she treated me the way she did.

Since I was alone, I let a few tears fall. The pavement crumbs in the ground scattered a little as a pair of sneakers arrived. I looked up to see Ryan standing there, his eyes on me.

My heart immediately began to race.

Without asking me, he sat down next to me. He put an arm around my shoulder, and I put my head on his shoulder . 'Feeling better?' his voice was gentle, comforting.