Chapter 14: Bad Boy vibes going on strong

Part 2: Chahe tum kuch naa kaho, maine sun liya (When you don't say anything, I will have heard it already)

Chapter 14: Bad Boy Vibes Going On Strong.

Akshara
'You know what's the worst part in falling for a guy you know isn't right for you?' Selena Gomez's dialogues were really hitting hard with me today. I paused the movie, and stared at the screen. This movie, Another Cinderella Story, has always been a favorite. The whole romance thing they've got, with the choreography and the whole songs thing, plus the Cinderella cliche storyline is perfect in every sense!

But today, for some reason, it was depressing me to watch it. It seemed like all of the dialogues were hitting me right in the feelings and I hated that. I still couldn't figure out why I was feeling so bad.

I was shook out of my thoughts as my phone started to ring. I looked down at it, and a feeling of resentment passed through me, along with some guilt.

It was Vismaara. I had not been taking any of her calls since yesterday. Plus, I was down with a really bad headache so I was home today. Today morning, when I had woken up, my headache was so bad that I tried to jump out of the window. Or so my mother tells me.

So she got scared and let me stay home. But let me tell you one thing: perks of being sick? You get to have whatever your favorite food is, and all of your mom's love and attention on you for an entire day. And for a person like me, who rarely falls sick, this is a dream come true.

Hey any day when I don't have to go that hellhole I call a college is a dream come true kinda day!

Vismaara was a persistent little bugger. So she wouldn't stop till I picked up the phone. Better handle the matter now than let it blow up later on!

I picked up the phone and called her. She picked up on the first ring. 'Maara?' I spoke. 'Akshara?' I was surprised. It was Raghav's voice. Oh, that must mean he was hanging out with Vismaara. And poor Ryan must have been feeling really alone and sad.

God. I hate that feeling.

And looks like I've been experiencing it a lot since yesterday.

'Hey... Raghav? What's up?' I tried to bring out a breezy laugh, but ultimately it made me sound like a dying hyena which got it's head stuck in a toilet.

Note to self: don't attempt breezy tone or breezy laughter again. EVER.

'Hey, where are you?' he asked. I was confused. 'Why?' I asked. 'Cause you didn't come to school today, and Ryan didn't come as well! So we figured that maybe you both were... Skipping school together?' his voice sounded weird.

'We?' I asked, trying to steer the conversation away from my absense. 'Me and Sameer.' he said. Sameer??? I thought he was hanging out with Vismaara. 'wait isn't this Vismaara's number?' I wondered aloud, looking at the phone again.

I could've slapped myself. The name on the screen was Raghav. But I had meant to call Vismaara. Oh lord, I must have been thinking of him so much that I dialed him too! Stupid hyena that I am.

'No. This is my number.' he said, still sounding weird. 'Okay.' I said, and I could literally feel an awkward air settle over our conversation. 'Okay.' he repeated.

We both were silent for a while. I could hear his breathing over the phone. I stayed silent, my hand covering my mouth so that he couldn't hear my breathing on his end.

My door opened softly. And a face peeped out. 'Hey Akshara.' it was Ryan. I smiled at him and nodded at him to come in. 'Hey Ryan.' I said, and he held out a cover. I took it from him and saw a bowl inside. 'What's this?' I asked. 'Soup. I heard you were not well, so I brought you some soup.' he said, grinning. 'That's so sweet of you Ryan!' I said, and then was interrupted.

'Is Ryan there with you?' it was Raghav. Shit! I'd forgotten he was still on line! 'Yeah...' I trailed off uncertainly. 'Can you pass him the phone?' Raghav's tone was really low.

I gave Ryan the phone and he shot me a confused look. 'Raghav.' I said, and he nodded. He walked out of my room, speaking on the phone.

Which irritated me.

Even I wanted to listen to their conversation!

Eavesdropping is not good for your health, Akshy.

The door opened again, and he came in, a sour look on his face. I raised an eyebrow and he just passed me the phone. Raghav was still on call. How much of my balance was wasted on this useless conversation?!?

Ugh.

'Hello?' I said. 'Akshara, you're not well?' Raghav asked. 'Yeah. Um..tl. really bad headache?' I said. 'Do you want me to take you to a doc? I can come over and take you now if you want?' he asked, his voice concerned. I shook my head. And then remembered that usually people can't see you shaking your head over a phone call.

'Um no that's alright... I'll be fine.' I said. 'You sure? You don't want me to come over and check up on you? I'll bring Vismaara too!' he suggested. Of course you will.

'Raghav. I have one mom to mom me over. I don't need you to do that as well. And no, there's no need to come and visit me. I'm not in a hospital bed for god's sake. I have a headache. It will get better, so don't worry.' I said.

'No. I'm bringing Vismaara over in the evening, and we all can hang out. Ryan too.' he said, though his voice hardened on the last two words.

'Okay.' I said, and I cut the call. I looked at my balance in worry, and let out a sigh of relief. Ryan sat down next to me, looking at my laptop screen. 'Ugh. Another Cinderella Story.' he stated, in a tone of disgust. I shot him a warning glare.

'Say another word, and you'll be dead.' I emphasized on the word dead. He winced and nodded.

'Akshara?' he said.

'Hmm?'

'I don't know about me, but you'd make a really good bad boy.' he said.

'That's stupid. And if you haven't noticed, I'm a girl.' I said, poking his side.

'No. I meant that you'd make an amazing bad Boy. Cause you've that bad boy vibe going on strong.' he said, and I laughed, ruffling his hair.

'That's true.'

How was the update, y'all?!

I really hoped you guys liked it! Tell me your guesses on what's going on?

What's puzzling you? What's happening with Raghav and Ryan? Vismaara is not in this chapter! I know, that's why this chapter isn't that fabulous!

But, how was it?!

You know the usual!

Vote,
Comment, and
PM me!

Love y'all my lovelies!