Chapter 24: We'd be the hottest parents at all of the PTMs

Part 3: Kacchi hawa Kaccha dhuaa, ghul raha. Kaccha sa dil, lamhein naye chun raha (Raw breeze and Raw smoke dissolve in each other. The Raw, young, inexperienced Hearts choose new experiences).

Chapter 24: We'd be the hottest parents at all of the PTMs

Akshara
The next morning I woke up with a bad gut feeling.  I groaned to myself. 'Mummy? I'm staying home today!' I screamed, and there was a clatter of footsteps as my mom burst into my room. However she was not alone. Along with her, was my tubelight of a brother Jai.

'Why?' it was just one syllable. one syllables that come from my mother's mouth are usually perceived as dangerous and cunning. I gulped down my saliva. 'Cause I have a bad gut feeling.' I muttered, staring intently at her. She knew all about my gut feelings and how they usually turned out.

'I do not care. You're going today.' my mum said. 'But-!' I started to protest and my mother hissed at me. 'Shush! No buts!' she said. 'But!' 'Ssh!' 'I-!' 'Last word. You are going to school. That's it.' she said, giving me a stare.

I stared right back, daring not to blink. Her glare became more intensified and I held onto my stare, not blinking. 'Whoa! How're you guys not blinking?' Jai's voice was in awe. I resisted the urge to roll my eye.

Then my eye started to pain and I blinked, and my mom smiled victoriously. 'Get up and go. Now!' saying that she walked out making me glare at her back.

'Akshara? Teach me too!' Jai's voice snapped me out of my excuse figuring out thoughts. 'Teach you what?' I asked, curious. 'How To not blink!' Jai said, looking at me with admiring eyes.

I bit back a snort and then smiled sweetly at him. 'Perhaps later?'

'Promise?'

'Absolutely.'

'Okay! Can't wait!'

As he ran out of my room, I groaned internally... The gut feeling was really bad.

*****
The first signs were showing. People were whispering and pointing to me as I made my way through the building. I clutched my books closer and looked ahead, searching for any one of my friends. Heck, even Raghav would do!

I breathed a sigh of relief as I spotted Karthik. I rushed to his side and leaned on the locker next to his. As he closed his locker, and saw me, he jumped in fright. I sniggered and he put his hand on his chest for a moment. 'Why are you creeping up on me like that?!?!' he spat, glaring at me.

I gave him my best puppy dog expression. 'I'm swowwy.' I said, blinking innocently. Karthik looked at me apprehensively before a small smile broke out on his face. 'I'm really creeped out. Why is everyone staring at me?' I asked.

Karthik looked around hesitantly, his face a bit apprehensive. Then, he let out a deep sigh. 'Cause you're the one who broke the famous Raghav Kapoor's heart.' he said, looking at me with concern.

'WHAT?!?!' I yelled.

He shushed me by placing his hand over my mouth. 'Sshhhhh! You want to be killed in the hallways by a mob of angry fangirls?!' he asked, looking around wildly.

I licked his palm and he sprung back, wiping his palm against his jeans with a disgusted expression on his face. 'Ew!' he said, almost going green. 'Why is everyone saying that?!?' I asked, panicking.

'Cause you both fought in the hallway yesterday and he's not been seen since!'

I gasped loudly. Not been seen since? What the heck?! Had something happened to him?!?  My heart thudded in my chest, a sinking feeling in stomach. What had happened to him?!