Chapter 21: Understanding the Popstar

Part 3: Kacchi Hawa Kaccha Dhuaa, ghul raha. Kaccha sa Dil lamhein naye chun raha. (Raw breeze and Raw smoke dissolve in each other. The Raw, young, inexperienced Hearts choose new experiences).

Chapter 21: Understanding the Popstar. 

Akshara

I made my way out of the slick flick show area and ran smack into someone. "I'm so sorry!" I said, and looked up to find Shaurya's eyes looking at me. "Hey there." he said. "Hey to you too." I said, smiling up at him. "Why'd you desert us?" he asked, a look of hurt in his eyes. I let out a sigh. I was kind of tired of answering that question myself. I had asked that to myself many times while I was running away from them. "I dunno. I just felt like doing it." I said, giving him an apologetic smile. Shaurya let out a sigh and then looked around. I contemplated telling him about the incident inside, but decided not to. I would just tell Vismaara later. 

"How about the two of us enjoy this together?" Shaurya asked, running a hand through his hair. "Sure. Let's go." I made a bold move of taking his hand in mine, and intertwining his fingers with mine. He looked surprised, and then a slow blush rose in the tips of his ears. I tried to pull away, thinking it made him uncomfortable. Instead, he clutched my hand tighter, squeezing it slightly, and looking up at me with a dazzling smile on his face. I smiled back, feeling the darned butterflies flutter in my stomach again and we both walked towards the roller coasters area.

*****

"WOOHOO!!!" I pumped my fist in the air as we got off the last roller coaster. "That. Was. AWESOME!!!" I squealed again, still feeling the adrenaline rush through me. "Uh-huh." Shaurya was looking a little green, and I felt worry seep in when I saw his hands trembling. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked. He nodded, and then gave me an apologetic glance. "I'll be back in a moment. Stay here?" He said. I nodded, worry flowing through me. He forced a smile and rushed towards the bathrooms. I sighed and shook my head. Maybe he couldn't handle the speed. Eh. 

"I see your dear boyfriend has deserted you." I turned sharply to see Raghav smirking at me. "He is not my boyfriend, and he definitely hasn't deserted me." I said, feeling annoyed. "If he hasn't deserted you, why isn't he here right now?"  Raghav said, his smirk growing even stronger. "He had to go to the bathroom." I said, coolly. Raghav shook his head and gave me a pitying glance. I felt hot rage flow through my veins. "What the fuck is your problem?!" I spat. Raghav looked surprised for a minute and then regained his composure. he walked towards me, an angry glare directed my way. 

"My problem, is that you are supposed to be spending time with ME. Not him." He said, a low tone highlighting his voice. "I am not SUPPOSED to do anything with you." I said, giving him a frigid glare. "Maybe you've forgotten. You signed a contract." He stated, the corner of his lips curling up in a devious smirk. I felt the fight go out of me. "Look Raghav. I have apologized to you a million times!! How many times do I have to say that I hit you on the nose, and you lost balance and hit yourself on the bench. It was an accident! LET IT GO." I said, in a loud voice. 

"What you don't realise Akshara, is that that little stunt of yours could have costed me my entire career! The doctors were relieved that my vocal chords were intact, and that nothing major had happened. But still, you could have cost me my entire career...I would have lost everything that's holding me together in the first place! You think a sorry will take out that fear and resentment from my system?" he asked, a fire burning in his eyes. I gulped nervously. I had never even considered that possibility. "The problem here is, you won't understand what it felt like." He stated, calming down a little.