Chapter 7: Two awesome ladies in life.

Part 1: Jab Koi Baath Bigad Jaaye (When something goes wrong)

Chapter 7: Two awesome ladies in life.

Akshara :
I was dreading going to school the next day. As my alarm rang, I snoozed it, cuddling in deeper and deeper into my comfy blankets. Under my blankets, I was cut off from the rest of the world. Closing my eyes tight, willing it all to go away, I concentrated on the asymmetric patterns that floated in the blank vision.

How could I even face Akshay today? I mean, I had like no rights to yell at him, cause we had stated we were allowed to go out with anyone of we were interested. So, I couldn't yell at him about that. I already did feel ashamed for reacting the way I did. It's not like I want to be dramatic all the time, believe me, I'd rather not be. But sometimes... I feel like no one notices me if I don't create a scene.

God I'm messed up.

I don't think I'll go to school today. That's it. End of the matter.

Of course, that kind of stuff doesn't work when a mom's around the house.

'RIIIISE AND SHINE AKSHY!' I groaned internally and pretended to be sleeping. My mom pulled the covers off of me and I shivered in the cold. 'Maa!!!' I whined, 'I don't wanna go to school today. I think I might have a cold.'

When she looked disbelieving, I added a small 'Achoo' to sound convincing. She still looked disbelieving. 'Mummy please. Let me stay at home. I'll even do all the chores. Without complaints.' my mom considered my proposal, but then she shook her head.

'Akshy. Stop being so lazy. Get out of bed right now. Out!'

'Fine. It's not like you understand anyway.'

'No, Akshy. I do. And that's why you have to do this.' she said, smiling at me sadly. ' If you don't, you'll forever be running from him. You guys are best friends first. You'll work it out, don't worry. So yes, you will go to school today, and you will face him.'

I looked at her, eyebrows raised. 'Who told you?'

'Vismaara. She came here yesterday when you were out... She told me all about it. Akshy these sort of things keep happening. You need to be brave and face them. Otherwise, one day they'll consume you wholly, and you won't realise what you've become.' she looked lost in thought as she said it. I nodded, sniffling a little. She looked down at me again.

'You okay, my little drama queen?' she asked, ruffling my hair. I sighed in happiness. It had been so long since she called me that. And it was okay only if she called me that.

'I will be, I think.'

'Good. Because no boy is ever worth screwing your life over. Boys are a whole new level of humans, and this one especially? He's just a part of the stupid species.' mom said, smiling. I hugged her tightly, tears threatening to spill out. Whatever happened, mom was the one who always made you happy in the end.

No boy was ever worth hurting her.

'Now. Go to school, like my strong little drama queen, and show him that he can't mess with you.' Her tone became firm and I mock-saluted at her.

Damn. My mom was awesome.

*****

'Akshara! Wait!' I kept walking, my head held high. Akshay kept calling my name, pleading me to wait. I just kept walking.  I wasn't interested in speaking to him.

'Akshara yaar. Wait.' he grabbed my hand, and I turned around and pulled my hand out of his grip. He looked very hurt by my actions, but hey, he was the one who made me cry yesterday. I don't give a damn if he cries over me today. Maybe I'll even enjoy it.