Chapter 45 : Life is tough my darling, so are you.

Part 5: Kaano mein ek dil ki baath sunaava ni, tenu hasda vekh ke jagnu mein bhul jaava ni. (Let me whisper a secret into your ears, looking at you laugh? I forget the entire world.)

Chapter 45: Life is tough my darling, but so are you.

Akshara 

Imagine this : it's wedding of your ex-boyfriend's cousin, and on the night of the day before the sangeet, you find said ex-boyfriend sitting on your bed, casually watching TV when you walk in all disgruntled and frustrated. I know. This kind of stuff seems to be scheduled to only happen to me. "Raghav. Now is so not the right time. Please, GET OUT." I almost yelled, but managed to lower my voice in time. "The time is never right, Akshara. You need to make it right." he grinned at me from the bed, then turned back to watch TV. I let out a growl of frustration. 

"PLEASE. GET. OUT." I snarled, grinding my teeth together. "I can't." he shrugged, cheerfully. "What. Why." I deadpanned, rolling my eyes at his unnatural cheeriness. "Because, the door should be locked...right about...now." Just as he finished, a click sounded in my door and I turned to look at him, aghast. I ran to the door, pulling at the knob with my hands. It didn't budge. Yeah well, you see Akshara, when a door is locked, it doesn't open. My conscience was even more sarcastic than Vismaara on her period. "Raghav. What did you do?!" I demanded from him, standing in front of the TV, hands on my hips. I flashed him my best glare. 

Raghav gave me an innocent smile. "Nothing at all. Just asked for a favor from Kiara." he said, shrugging again. I swear to god I'm going to strangle him to death. Soon. "Kiara?!" I demanded. He gave a mischievous look. "Yep." he affirmed. "Why her?! Why not someone else?!" "Because, Akshara, she was the only one who knew the reason behind your abrupt coldness towards me!" Now his voice had hardened, and he turned off the TV, swinging his unnaturally long legs over the bed, and standing up to face me. I stiffened in my place. 

"She told you?" I wasn't surprised to hear my voice come out as a whisper, it's tone low and ragged. Raghav nodded, a look of pain clearly visible in his eyes. "Well...now you know. What are you going to do about it?!" I asked, clearing my throat and regaining my voice. "Punish you." he stated simply, a dangerous smile on his face. I gulped. "Har Har. Punish me?! Who are you?! Some kind of...punisher?" my so-called great comeback had flopped miserably, as Raghav laughed loudly. 

"Yep. I will punish you. I will torture you to madness." he smiled again, a maniacal gleam in his eyes. Okay, I was scared. I admit it. I could truly see why people liked his whole 'dangerous Rockstar' vibe. It screamed danger! And like a moth drawn to a flame, like a Ross drawn to his Rachel, like a popcorn lover drawn to popcorn, I had fallen for him...An Akshara drawn to her Raghav.

So cheesy.

"How." I said, rolling my eyes, though I was kind of scared. "By making you watch Twilight." he said, rubbing his hands evilly. I screamed. I legit screamed. I was genuinely afraid, that watching twilight would ruin me forever. There was this time when I was young, when I'd watched Twilight and loved it. But when I grew up and re-watched it again, I had been cringing the entire time, and had thrown out the DVD after the first half an hour. That was how torturous it was to me. But how did he know that?!

I raised an eyebrow at him, and his grin subsided a bit. "How did you know about my Twilight torture method?" I asked. "Vismaara told me." he grinned again, and I cursed out loud. Damn you Vismaara, you naughty little imp! "I'm going to murder her." I breathed out, and he grabbed my shoulders, pulling me gently towards him. "Akshara. Tell me, did you really break up with me, just because of that Yulu Records thing?" he questioned. "Wha-? No!" I snorted, in vain. He gave me a serious look, and I sighed in defeat.