Chapter 29: Prom Night (II)

Part 3: Kacchi hawa, kaccha dhua, ghul raha. Kaccha sa dil, lamhein naye chun raha. (Raw breeze and raw smoke dissolve in each other. The raw, young inexperienced hearts choose new experiences.)

Chapter 29: Prom Night (II)

Akshara 

I could hardly recognize my school building tonight. It was beautifully decorated, with serial lights hung up in frozen crystals patterns, and a few stars here and there. There were a few netted fairy light balls hung up, which made it seem very magical. The car ride had been wonderful. We girls had a laugh about the boys walking all the way to school, sweating like pigs, while we arrived like queens, all perfumes and smiles.

 A small smirk stretched on my face as I saw Karthik walking towards us. His hair looked windswept. He looked nice in a black tux.

Wait a minute. 

he is soooo not sweating!

"What? you thought you were the only one who had brains?! We came on our bikes!" He puffed his chest out proudly, and I shook my head at our failed prank attempt. His eyes fell on Priyanka standing behind me, and his mouth fell open. I giggled to myself, looking at him gaping at her like a gold fish. "Close your mouth, before some flies go in." I remarked snidely, and received a glare from him for that. I smiled back at him, innocently, and moved out of the way. Slowly, the other guys arrived as well. Ryan was in a navy blue one and Akshay in a dark red one. They all looked amazing. And of course, they were gazing at their dates with their mouths open too.

I felt a bit left out. That is, until Vismaara nudged me and looked to her left. I followed her sight of vision and saw Shaurya standing there, looking fabulous in a brown tux. His eyes were trained on me, his mouth a bit open, and I dared to smile. Looking at me smile, he forced a smile at me. Taking that as a positive signal, I walked to him. "Hey."

"Hey Akshara. You look...gorgeous." He said, trailing his fingers on my cheek. I slowly took his hand in mine, smiling softly. "You look fabulous, Shaurya." I said, smiling at him. He nodded, smiling back. "So...who're you here with?" he asked, looking around us. "No one actually. Akshay was generous enough to bring me as his double date." I said, biting my lip. "What about you?" 

"No one. I asked this girl...and she dumped me..." He started, looking all defensive. I sighed.

"Shaurya about that, I told you...I am sorry..." I started, but he cut me off.

"I know, and you don't need to apologize Akshara. In fact, if anyone needs to apologize, its probably me. I was a dick to you, the other day. I don't hate you, I can never hate you." He sighed, looking right into my eyes. I felt very bad. He didn't deserve the pain I was putting him through. "Shaurya, you're wonderful. But I like someone else...otherwise, it would always have been you." I admitted, squeezing his hand softly. He looked down, his gaze on our intertwined hands, and he gently squeezed mine. "I understand..." he said, smiling. Then he bent forward and placed a kiss on my forehead. 

"So, since we both came with no dates, do you want to go with me? As friends? As marvel geeks? As music freaks?" he asked, smirking. I nodded, smirking back, and gave him a side hug. I got a whiff of his cologne, and realized how much I missed him. My geeky friend. "I'll go inform Akshay, just a moment." I walked back to my little group of friends, who apparently had been watching my little encounter with Shaurya.