Chapter 15: My heart will go on

Part 2: Chahe tum kuch naa kaho, maine sun liya. (Even when you don't say anything, I will have heard it already.)

Chapter 15: My heart will go on.

Akshara :
Ryan and I spent most of the afternoon watching FRIENDS. Funny how that works Huh? Raghav was supposed to be there with me, well according to his conditions at least, but look who was here!

No offense to Ryan, who by the way is very nice but INCREDIBLY BORING, but I'd rather watch friends with Raghav. At least we could banter all the time and that would make the experience more fun.

Finally after three hours, we decided it wasn't going to get better and Ryan left, saying he would be back at 7, when the others came. I let out a sigh of relief, and slipped into bed, my headache now reduced to a dull throb.

My eyes had barely closed when my door opened again. I peeked out, one eye opened lazily and saw my brother Jai standing there, a coffee cup in his hand.

'Hey there. When did you get back from dad's?' I asked. Mom and Dad had spilt up two years back. They hadn't gone through a divorce, and even now when one of us asked, they said they were just 'on a break.' funny reference there.

'Just now. Here.' he handed me a chocolate bar and I smiled in delight. 'Thanks Jai. You're the best.' Jai was older to me by 3 years. He was more attached to dad, while I was more attached to mom. Different from the usual stereotype of the girl being attached to her dad and the boy being attached to his mom.

When mom and dad had broken the news to us about their separation, Jai and I hadn't spoken to either of them for two whole weeks.  But we realized that we had to be happy for them, but it still didn't make sense. It never did.

'I know. Who was the guy?' he asked, eyes glinting as he sat down next to me. 'Oh, my friend.' I said, munching on my chocolate. 'Huh. What about the other guy that's waiting downstairs?' he asked. I froze. 'Some other guy is waiting downstairs?' I asked.

He nodded.

'And you just left him there?'

He nodded again.

'All by himself?'

He nodded once more.

While Jai was amazing, he wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the lighting system, if you know what I mean.

And this amazing quality of his had led us to being robbed, many a times. 'Jai, I am praying that you didn't let some random stranger in.'

There was this one time when a guy had told Jai 'Hey, nice house.' and Jai had said 'Yeah thanks. You want to come in.' Just like that a total stranger walked in on me dancing in front if the TV, and ran out screaming that he had seen the female equivalent of Satan.

I rushed downstairs and let out a sigh of relief when I saw Raghav sitting there, a confused expression on his face. 'This time you've saved us Jai. Next time, please let me know and then let people in!' I screamed at the top of my voice. Raghav jumped on hearing my voice. I stifled a laugh.

Raghav:
'Hey Raghav. What are you doing here?' I can't even begin to express how happy I felt on hearing her voice. I felt relieved seeing her smile, and that confirmed that she was perfectly fine.

'Told you I'd come by and visit.' I said, getting up and turning to face her. 'Yeah.' she replied and again an awkward silence fell between us. I stood there silently, cursing the awkwardness and shifting my weight from one foot to another.