Chapter 6: Fur Elise and company

Part 1: Jab Koi Baath Bigad Jaaye (When something goes wrong.)

Chapter 6: Fur Elise and Company.

Akshara:
I had no idea where I was going or what time it was. I had no idea whether I had actually seen what I had seen or whether I would not feel like crap ever again. I had no idea what I was going to do, or who I was going to turn to for some comfort.

All I knew was that I had experienced heart break for the first time, and let me tell you : it hurt just as much as it was supposed to when they showcased it on screen. All the pain, all the despair, all the hurt... Every damn thing was true. Everything was pathetic.

Being a feminist, I hated the fact that a guy could make me like this. And moreover, it was never supposed to go this far with him. When we started going out just for the sake of it, we both had agreed to not let it go too far. He had kept his end of the deal, and I clearly hadn't.

Dammit. I was not allowed to feel butterflies erupt in my stomach whenever we kissed or when he looked at me as if I was all that mattered to him. I was not allowed to smile at him goofily when we kissed, and revel at how perfect he was... And how amazing it felt to go out with him.

It was not supposed to go this far. My friendship with him is effectively ruined I think. I don't think we can ever go back to being Akshy and Akshay ever again.

I had Beethoven's 13th symphony, Fur Elise, on full blast as I drove and drove and drove. I was determined to not let a single drop of tear make its way out of my eye until I reached my safe haven.

*****

I let out a shaky breath as I finally arrived at my safe haven. It was a small area of land isolated from the main road by a bunch of trees and it overlooked the sea.

I always came here whenever I felt like I needed a break from real life, or when things went wrong. It was my safe haven. The sound of the waves crashing against the soft sand had a soothing effect on me like nothing else did. Seagulls flew overhead, their screeches distracting enough to keep me annoyed.

I pulled out my lyric notebook because obviously, I'd rather jump to conclusions than wait this out. I've always been dramatic that way.

And words just flowed out.
Some were about friendship, some about heartbreak. Some were about how I expected too much, read into things too much and fell in too fast, too hard. I had just gotten to my tenth paragraph when I heard the sound of footsteps behind me and hurriedly closed my book.

'Driving when you're emotionally unstable and drained is not good for your mental health.' It was Raghav. 'And you're still underage BTW. You're not allowed to drive. It's like putting a ten year old behind the wheel.'

'Shut up Raghav.'

Raghav chuckled before speaking again. 'Are you okay?'

I just kept silent, and he sat down on the ground next to me, his feet buckling together. I hunched up my knees and put my chin on them, looking up at the waves.

Raghav kept silent for a few minutes before speaking again. 'You okay?' he asked. I turned to see him gazing at me with a concerned expression.

'Do I look okay to you genius?' I snapped, irritated. He let out a throaty chuckle. 'Sarcastic, even after heartbreak.' he stated, 'You must be amazing.'

'Why are you here, Raghav?' I asked, tired of his meaningless chit chat. He just shrugged. 'I thought you could use a friend.' he said.

'Who said we were friends?' I asked, giving him a small glare.