Chapter 29: Prom Night (I)

Part 3: Kacchi hawa, kaccha dhua, ghul raha. Kachha sa dil, lamhein naye chun raha( Raw breeze and Raw smoke dissolve in each other. The Raw, young, inexperienced Hearts choose new experiences).

Chapter 29: Prom Night (I)

Akshara
'Alright, so here's the plan for tonight! The girls and I are getting dressed at Akshara's house! The boys are going to Karthik's house. And we'll all meet in front of school! Understood?' Vismaara asked, looking around our little group. And of course by little I mean, not little. Our group consisted of Me, Ryan, Alisha, Vismaara, Karthik, Akshay and Karthik's date.

'Okay. But do we really have to walk all the way till school?' I groaned. Just imagining to walk in high heels was making me dread going to the prom. 'Yes of course.' Alisha answered, as if it was a normal thing. The guys just shrugged at each other. Karthik's date was sitting silently, and I looked at her properly.

She was striking. I'm not Lesbian or anything, but you would think I would've remembered a face like that if she went to our school. And moreover, she wouldn't settle for Karthik. She caught me staring and smiled shyly. I smiled back, knowing that we were going to be great friends.

Our milkshake glasses lie empty on the table top, the boys being disgusting as usual and burping ever now and then. Everytime they burped, I winced. And once Ryan caught me doing that, he made it his life's goal to burp even more.

Ugh Boys.

It is freaky, how easily they can turn you crazy in such a short amount of time, and have your emotions flying all around the place.

*****
Vismaara
As I rushed into Akshara's house, armed with my make up bags and my dress and shoes bag, I realized that it had been many many days since I last spoke to Akshara as a true friend.

I missed our girly little conversations. I missed poring over the fashion magazines with her, wherein I would pore over them and she would just pretend to while she would slowly fall asleep.

A bittersweet smile made its way onto my face. As Akshara opened the door, I hugged her tightly, feeling tears forming in my eyes. 'Hey! Why are you crying Maara?' Akshara looked devastated to see my tears.

I shook my head, laughing. 'Akshara, yeh khushi ke aasoon hai! You've finally given me permission to give you a makeover! (Akshara these are tears of joy!)' I said, ruffling her hair fondly as she glared at me.

'Alright then! Let's transform you, Cinderella!' I clapped my hands together, and Akshara groaned and slapped her forehead in regret. I grinned evilly.

Akshara
The moment Vismaara took out the hairdryer from her bag, I knew I was doomed. I had no hope of making it out of this torture session in one piece. I gave her my best pleading eyes, but she just smiled wickedly.

She forced me to sit on a chair, and started spraying some stuff in my hair. 'It's going to keep your hair in place.' she said, when I demanded to know why she was using it. I took a deep breath and let her work her torturous magic on me.

*2 hours later*

'Ahhh I'm exhausted!' Vismaara said, letting out a soft sigh. I lifted an eyebrow at her. She was tired?

I was the one who got her hair pulled out at every instant. I was the one whose face was kinda scratchy from makeup. I was the one who had to struggle to keep my eyes normal while she applied Kajal and eyeliner (Don't be so shocked that I know what they are. I'm a girl. I know the basics.)