Chapter 44 : Conflicts of the heart and the mind

Part 5: Kaano mein ek dil ki baath sunaava ni, tenu hasda vekh ke jagnu mein bhuljaava ni. (Let me whisper a secret in your ears. When I see you laugh? I forget the world.)

Chapter 44 : Conflicts of the heart and the mind

Akshara

You know that thing in movies where they show that the girl wakes up absolutely fabulous, with her eyes neatly lines, and perfect eye shadow intact, and her lips fully red and kissable...and her hair perfectly styled?Yeah, it doesn't work that way. When I wake up, I have a line of dried up drool all the way down my chin, my hair sticks out at various angles and my eyes have a nice collection of some yucky dried up mucus that everyone has when they wake up. I think I just grossed the entire universe off with that information.

Anyway, my point is, films shouldn't set up unrealistic expectations like that for ...anyone. Like imagine this, one day you wake up okay? and your boyfriend is standing there looking horrified. When you ask him what's wrong, he just points to the mirror. So you look in the mirror, and you find the nightmare version of yourself staring back at you. Then your boyfriend says, "Aren't girls supposed to look all beautiful when they wake up?"and you think, "Are boys really supposed to be this stupid?"

Well, you get my point anyway.

What was I trying to prove here? 

uh....this might be a bit awkward, cause you see I've forgotten what exactly I was ranting about. 

Hold on while I try to remember.

Ah yes!! I was ranting about how movies set up unrealistic expectations in your life. Not just movies, the various stories you read and hear, the shows that you watch...they all have a thing in common. THEY ARE ALL VERY UNREALISTIC.

So I was walking back to my room that night, i.e. the night when Raghav found out that I still liked him and vowed to get me back, when I bumped into a lady. Well, a girl if you must know. Guessing by her fabulous attire, I could make out that she was the bride. Wow, I got to have a one-on-one with both the groom and the bride!

Is it just me, or did that sound extremely kinky and dirty?!

Ryan's ruining my innocent mind!

"Watch where you're going!" she snapped, and then her face split into a kind smile when she saw how flustered I look. Flustered cause you know my plan to break up with Raghav and make him move on with his life was failing miserably. "You're Akshara right?" she questioned, still smiling.

WELL DAMN RAGHAV, DID YOU GO AROUND TELLING EVERYONE THAT I WAS THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE.

She laughed at my expression and then held out her hand. "I'm Sanjana. I'm the-" "Bride yeah, I figured out from your clothes. You look gorgeous by the way." I complimented her, shaking hands with her. She smiled warmly at my statement and then looked down at herself. "So I'm guessing your little lover's spat with Rahul is solved?" I blurted before I could process what I was spewing out from my mouth. 

"Yeah!" she laughed, "He told me about you." I felt a little better upon hearing that, thanking the lord that Raghav hadn't gone around telling everyone I was the love of his life. "Akshara, I need a favor." she said, looking hesitant all of a sudden. I nodded, wondering what on earth I could do in her wedding to help her. "My best friend...well one of best friends, Kayla from London was supposed to be my maid of honor, but she's down with the flu and she couldn't make it. I was wondering if you could maybe-" she trailed off, smiling awkwardly.