Chapter 40: Frenemies? Frenemies.

*Note from author: warning #1- Extra long chapter.

warning #2- Graphic scenes of violence/ self abuse.

warning #3- might trigger. Please do read forward with caution, if this kind of stuff is uncomfortable to you. GRAPHIC SCENES OF VIOLENCE. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Part 4: Naa hai yeh paana, Naa khona bhi hai. (I don't want this, I don't want to lose this either.)

Chapter 40: Frenemies? Frenemies.

Akshara

I had a feeling that I was being watched. I turned around to see Raghav's chocolate brown eyes staring at me. My heart skipped a beat. "Raghav? What are you doing here? How did you get on this plane?" I asked, not able to believe my eyes. Raghav laughed, his deep throaty laughter sending chills down my spine. He was glowing weirdly. His eyes were stone cold, his smirk a mean one. "Did you really think I ever liked you?" he sneered, making my heart stop for a second. "W-what?" I stammered, not able to believe what I was hearing. Raghav laughed, it was a cruel. He walked towards me, and I found my back colliding with the bathroom door. "Look at you Akshara. Just look at yourself. What would I ever see in someone like you?!" He spat, a humorless laugh making it's way out of his mouth.

He was cutting all my wounds open with each word. "You're so selfish Akshara. You always think of yourself. You're such a weight on all of us." he sneered, making me back away even more. I found the latch of the bathroom door, and pushed it open, falling inside and struggling to close it. I had almost closed it when he burst through it. "Look at you. Such a coward. Such a slut!" His voice was becoming louder, more cruel. My eyes fluttered shut, as I didn't want to cry in front of him.

I looked up, to see Raghav gazing at me with a pained look on his face. "I'm going to kill myself, Akshy. And it will all be because of you." he said, pulling a knife out of his pocket. I watched horrified, as he slowly dragged it across his throat. I watched, frozen in my place, as glittering drops of blood emerged from his slit throat. Slowly at first, then all at once. His mouth was open in a soundless scream, his eyes bulging out. He fell down, clawing at my feet, while I struggled to get away from him.

"Raghav! Raghav!" I pulled him onto my lap, his blood painting my dress red. I watched, helpless, as he slowly writhed towards his death. Tears were now streaming down my cheeks, my heart thudding uncontrollably in my chest. "All...because of you....all..." he spattered out, then finally lay still. I shook my head in disbelief. "Raghav?" I asked, shaking him once. His body went limp in my arms. "Raghav?! NOO!!!" I yelled.

And suddenly, I was seeing Kiara's horrified face. "Akshara! Calm down!!" she was shaking my shoulders, her face full of concern. "Kiara! Raghav he..he..died!" I yelled, looking around, and then down at my lap, confused as to why I didn't find his dead body in my lap. "Akshara! NO! stop worrying! It was just a dream!!!!" Kiara yelled at me, holding me firmly. I stopped. A dream? So...so...he wasn't dead?

Relief surged through me. I hugged Kiara, breaking down. The dream had been so lifelike. Kiara rubbed my back, shushing me. I cried uncontrollably, before I realized what I was doing, and pulled back. I turned away from Kiara's worried face, and swiped an arm across my cheeks, wiping away the tears. "Hey you okay?" Kiara asked gently. I nodded stiffly, ashamed that I had let her see me like this. "Hey." She touched my arm, making me flinch. "It's okay to have nightmares. I know I had a lot of them after I broke up with him."

Her last sentence made me look at her in shock. "Wait a minute, you broke up with him? I thought it was the other way around!" I gasped, and saw her smirk at me. "No. I broke up with him, cause I knew he was crazy about you. But I had fallen for him Akshara. Hard." Her face turned wistful, and I felt pity stir up for her. I didn't wait for her to continue. I knew she would anyway.

"I'd always been a huge fan of Raghav. He was always my crush. You know that he's been in the industry since he was like 10?" she asked, and I gaped at her. "What?! I never knew that!" I confessed. She gave me a knowing grin. "He came to the industry way back in 2007 actually. He was 10 then, he had just acted in this infomercial. Until he was fifteen, it was all only infomercials for him. And usually with my dad's company." she said. "Wait a minute, your dad's company?" "Yeah, my dad's company. My dad is the owner of LemonDipInfos." she said, smiling at me. I choked on my saliva. LemonDipInfos is this legendary infomercial company. And Raghav was the prodigal son to that company?! Wow, I really don't know a lot about him!

"And then, he went out on his own into the world. Signed a record deal with Jeffry Records, that was his first ever major break. When we were young, we used to hangout a lot actually, kind of like best friends. That was only six months. That was when he was fourteen and I was thirteen, we became friends since we were almost the same age. But then, he left the company at fifteen, and didn't even turn back to look at me. I hated him for that. But I don't exactly blame him you know? I mean, I was crushing on him. Not the other way around!" she laughed bitterly, her eyes a bit watery. "He had his own career to make, and me, my own. I don't think he even remembers being best friends with me." A small tear slipped out, and I felt very guilty. Why I felt guilty, I don't know.

"I met him one day, when I was out on a model shoot in the Cannes. He had come there to record a song. It was a beautiful song. He flirted with me, told me he wanted me in his next movie. So we both signed a movie contract, and he kissed me. Told me we were dating each other. Being the stupid idiot that I was, I thought he was actually in love with me. He did actually like me, he had a crush on me for a while. But he was already in love. With you." she said, smiling at me softly. I felt the air get sucked out of me. That was just like 4 months into college. I'd known him only 4 months. And he had already been in love with me?! My guilt increased considerably.

"So when we came back, we were dating. Two weeks in, we found out that the movie had been shelved. I tried telling him that there was no point in dating anymore. But he wanted to keep going. I couldn't say no to him. We were happy, for a while. He was happy with me, and I with him. But then..." she trailed off, looking hesitant. "Then I happened." I said, feeling disgusted with myself. "Yeah." her voice turned cold. "But how stupid are you?! For breaking up with him?!" she asked, her eyes sparkling with anger.

"I have my reasons, Kiara. I do not see the need to explain them to you." I said, biting my lip. Kiara glared at me, a defensive look on her face. "Akshara, hold on to him. He needs you. More than you think. Don't be foolish enough to let him go." she said, in a guttural undertone. I looked at her, a bit taken aback. "You're encouraging me...to continue my relationship...with the possible love of your life?" I asked. Kiara smirked at me coldly. "I'm very jealous. But I've also seen the way you both look at each other. Like you're all the other has. It's plain old disgusting." she said, putting on her sunglasses and turning away from me, to sleep.

I nudged her, and she cast me a bored look. "Frenemies?" I asked, holding out my hand. "Frenemies." she agreed, nodding at me. I took my hand away, a bit embarrassed, and turned away from her, looking out the window.

It's funny. How much you think you know people, and they end up being the complete opposite.

Hello my lovelies!!!!!! How was the update?!?! Hope you guys liked it!

Now, before we move on to part 5( GASP! IS IT PART 5 ALREADY?!)

I want to know:
What do you guys think of Kiara now?

I want to know:What do you guys think of Kiara now?