19

Arthit's POV

Why the hell is he here?

Moreover, why did I act like I was caught red-handed at something that I reflexively took my hand away from Aat?

So what if he saw us holding hands?

It was just a handshake.

Why do I care if he misunderstood?

Why do you care,  Arthit?

I snorted at my own thoughts.

I refrained myself from gaping at him so I turned to Knot to seek for answer as to why he was here.

Knot acted like he doesn't know anything but the sly smile on his lips was telling me otherwise.

I reluctantly veered my gaze at coach in front. I deliberately fixed my focus on him,  trying to ignore Kong's presence beside him.

"It's okay, but make sure to inform us ahead next time. Being here on time is part of the discipline I want you all to practice.  Anyway,  we're glad to have you on board." coach patted his shoulder.

Coach then shifted his attention to us especially the part where the freshmen seated themselves. "This doesn't only apply to Kong but to everyone as well. Your seniors are fully aware of it already," he paused. "but tardiness will be punished depends on the number of minutes you were late. " he smiled wickedly.

"This is just a friendly reminder but the punishments are kinda severe if you want to find out, try to come late next time. " a sarcastic smile was on his lips.

"Coach, it doesn't sound like a friendly one to me. " M commented. I heard others chuckled.

"You can take it however you want,  M. " 

Coach is notorious for having a twisted kind of humor. Nevertheless, he could definitely manage us in a way where he wasn't so strict but at the same time his words are laws we needed to abide. We all gladly followed them.

He turned to Kong, "I'll let you off the hook for now. "

"Thank you,  coach. " I heard him say.

Why the sudden change of mind?

He was so adamant of not joining last time.

"This is Kongpob," coach seemed to hear my thoughts and formally introduced Kong. "he will be officially joining our team from now on. " he added.

"What? " I muttered loudly.  Why?" before I could stopped I asked with an unfriendly tone.

I knew I sounded rude but it was too late for me to take it back now so might as well own it. 

"You don't want him to?" he responded with a question.

Having him in the team would mean trouble for me

"Not really," I kept the rest of my thoughts to myself. I looked at Kongpob who had his eyes set at coach.

I've noticed he never met my gaze even once since he arrived.

As if you care. I told myself.

"All set, then. "