Chapter 1: Back Home

Selena's P.O.V.

 Walking into my house, I knew I had only been gone for a week but it seemed like forever. Closing the front door behind me, I then turned around. My mom immediately wrapped her arms around me. We hugged each other as if we hadn't seen each other for years. My mom slowly released me.

"Selena I'm so glad your home!," she exclaimed. Smiling, I nodded. My step-dad came out of the hallway and ran up to me. He held me tightly.

"Sel we missed you so much," he admitted as he released me. He then took my bags.

"It was only a week," I reminded.

"A week to long," my parents said in unison. Rolling my eyes, I thought, 'Well obviously you survived without me.' Following my step-dad to my room, once we got there he looked back at me. His face read: where-do-you-want-these? I pointed to my bed, then he set them down there.

"We really missed you," he said while we exchanged a quick hug. Closing the door behind my step-dad, I pressed my back against the door and looked at my room. I had missed this so much. Taking my back off the door, I went over to my bed and sat down on it. The only good thing about leaving Paris, was not getting home schooled.

School. Ugh! I didn't feel like going tomorrow. Maybe I could convince my parents that I was to jet lag to go. But they probably wouldn't buy it. My door opened, making my head perk up. My mom came into the room and sat down next to me. She had a fake smile on her face.

"Selena I hope you know you're grounded," she said seriously while looking into my eyes. I sighed.

"But I thought you missed me," I whined. My mom looked at me with anger. Avoiding her eyes, I knew I probably shouldn't have said that. Also I should have expected that I was going to get grounded.

"For how long?," I asked in an annoyed tone. My mom smirked at me.

"Well how long were you in Paris for?," she asked. I threw my head back a little.

"A week," I groaned. My mom nodded. She lightly slapped my thigh then got up from my bed. I fell onto my back.

"A week of no going out, no friends, and especially no boyfriend," my mom said. Springing up, I thought, 'No boyfriend? She couldn't be serious.'

"Mom, no!!!!! I want to see Justin," I whined. She rolled her eyes.

"Well you got to see him, the whole time you were in Paris," my mom said. She then walked over to the the door. She looked back at me then said, "Just be happy. You can still see him at school." She then shut the door.

'Well now I had a reason for wanting to go to school,' I thought. Falling back onto my bed, I felt my phone go off. Pulling it out of my sweats, I noticed that it was still on a timer. I had no idea, why it was on a timer, but at least I had finally figured out why it had kept going off. Tossing my phone off to the side of my bed, I groaned.

Why did I have to be grounded for a week? Well at least I could be thankful for the fact that my mom hadn't taken my phone away from me. Grabbing my phone, I stared at the text. 'Can't go anywhere, so might as well text.'

Me: Hey Tay, finally back home! I really wanted to hang out today. But guess what? First day back and already grounded :(

Taylor: Honestly you had it coming

Rolling my eyes, I knew I had it coming after I ran away. But you could at least be supportive.

Me: Well yeah. I mean I expected it. But it's still unfair.

Taylor: Whatever. I have a huge surprise for you tomorrow at school.

Same old Taylor. Full of surprises. What could it be this time? I wonder.....