Chapter 39: Wrapped Up

Justin's P.O.V.

Placing my lips on Selena's cheek, I then took my lips off her cheek. It was weird kissing Selena in her house by her front door instead of on her porch before I left to LA. But ever since Boyfriend hit number one on iTunes and Billboard charts people wanted to see what I was up to. Which lead to more paparazzi following me around.

Selena didn't mind them, but I did. I wasn't going to drag her into this. Plus I didn't want them knowing that the 'mystery girl' lived here. They would just bug the heck out of her while I was gone. There was no way that I wanted that for her. It was better to be safe in here than out there and sorry.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I said then trailed kisses up from her neck to her lips. Selena let out a soft giggle then kissed me back. Pulling out of the kiss, Selena said, "I'm gonna miss you so much too." Taking her hands, we looked into each other's eyes. I was going to miss those.

Selena let go of my hand and opened the front door. Her front lawn was loaded with paparazzi. Gripping her other hand, we went out the door and headed to my car. The paparazzi began tormenting us with questions. But they were all the same. Who is she? Is this your girlfriend?

Selena planted her feet and squeezed my hand signaling that I needed to stop. What was she doing? We were right in the middle of the paparazzi. Backing up, I stood by her side. The paparazzi continued to snap pictures and attack us with questions. Looking over at Selena, she had an annoyed look on her face.

"Guys! Look I am Justin's girlfriend; Selena. Now you got what you want! So can you just leave us alone now?," she asked. 'So she didn't want to remain the mystery anymore? I thought she wanted to remain one longer. I mean they called her mystery girl on Tuesday and it was only Saturday,' I thought.

The paparazzi surprisingly gave us some space. Selena and I then continued to Scooter's car. Once we reached his car we stopped. Turning, we now faced each other. Wrapping my arms around her tightly, this was going to be the last time I saw Selena for awhile. Scooter hadn't told me how long I was going to be in LA. But I think he did that on purpose.

"I don't want to keep you from LA forever," Selena said while letting go of me. Selena began to tear up. She always began to tear up before I left. Tears began to stream down her cheeks. Using my thumb, I wiped the tears away.

"Don't worry babe; like you taught me, everything's gonna be alright. Plus I'll be back before you know it," I said with a smile. We began leaning in. Scooter hit the horn, which made us jump and pull away. Dang it Scooter.

"Also don't let the paparazzi bug you," I whispered into her ear. Selena smiled then wrapped her arm around me. Scooter honked the horn again. Selena let go of me then opened the door for me. Getting into the back seat of the car, I looked up at the front seat.  My mom and Scooter buckled their seat belts. Selena slammed the door shut.

Scooter brought the car to life, then took off. Looking behind me, I waved until Selena became a tiny dot that I could no longer see. Turning back around, I got in the position where I would be comfortable. Closing my eyes, I thought about Selena.

Smiling, I slowly drifted to sleep. It was going to be a long ride to LA today. Luckily, thinking of Selena would help the time pass by quickly.

Selena's P.O.V.

Watching Justin's car disappear, I then turned around. Now facing paparazzi, I rolled my eyes. Why had I been so stupid and told them my name. It would have been better off that I remained the 'mystery girl'. Beginning to go through them, they began to hurl questions at me. Ignoring their questions, I made my way back to the porch.

"Selena! Selena! Please just answer a few questions!," one begged. Walking up the stairs of the porch, I ignored them. Then another chimed in. Stopping, I reluctantly turned around. It was just going to be a few questions, right? They all looked surprised that I had turned around. 'Well wasn't that what they want me to do?,' I thought.