Chapter 57: Prom

Selena’s POV

Taylor pulled into our school’s parking lot. I swear my hand hadn’t left Justin’s the whole ride, due to Taylor’s reckless driving. Seriously, she had to have broken more than five laws tonight. Taylor should consider herself lucky for not getting pulled over by the cops. She then pulled into a parking spot.

My heart raced as Taylor took the keys out of the ignition. Ruby unblocked her seatbelt then looked back at Justin and me. “You kids have fun tonight, but not too much fun, she said then got out of the car.

“Wait, Ruby where are you going?” Justin asked. Wow, I had almost forgotten that Ruby was older than us and didn’t come to our school.

“Well I was just going to walk to my apartment. It’s not that far from here. But you kids have fun,” Ruby said. We all smiled at her.

“We will,” Justin said then took his hand out of mine and wrapped his arms around my waist. The smile on his face showed how happy he was to be here, and I was too.

We waved goodbye to Ruby, then she slammed the door shut. We all got out of the car. Taylor locked the car then we headed o the gym. Seriously my heart was racing so much right now. Why was I so nervous? Honestly, I didn’t know why I was. All I knew was that I was nervous.

It was now past ten. We were three hours late. Hopefully we wouldn’t attract too much attention on our entrance. Maybe that’s what I was worried about, everyone having their eyes on me. Wait, what was there to be nervous about? I just went out in front of an audience that had more people than the amount of people that could fit in our school gym. I had no reason to be nervous.

We reached the gym doors and we all stood in a line parallel to the door, just staring. It seemed like we were all nervous to go in.  I could tell that Justin was by the way he was holding my hand. Taylor turned her head and looked at Justin and I. We both turned our heads and looked at Taylor.

“You guys ready?” she asked a little nervous. I nodded then Justin nodded after me. Taylor nodded back. She walked out in front of us then opened the gym door.

A rush of cold air came out towards us, making my skirt flow. Music filled my ears. I didn’t recognize he song but it sounded like a good song to dance to. Taylor walked ahead of us, we followed behind her.

People stared, but not for that long. Taylor had disappeared into the crowd. Justin and I stopped in a crowd of people. I looked around the gym. Our wish upon a star theme was perfect.

A new fast song came on. Justin let go of my hand and we both looked each other in the eye. We then both grew all smiley. We then began to dance on beat to the rhythm of the song.

We were dancing so close, I was surprised no chaperones were coming to separate us. Honestly, I was glad they weren’t coming over here. Once the song was over, Justin and I back up a little from each other. We began to clap like everyone else was.

“Hey, I’m going to get some punch. Do you want me to get you some?” Justin asked sweetly. With a wide smile, I nodded. Justin nodded then headed off towards the punch bowl.

The next song came on and I began to sway back and forth. Sure I looked awkward, but it was better than just standing there. Then an arm traveled around my waist and a hand rested on my hip. ‘Oh Justin,’ I thought with a smile.

Then he put his lips on my cheek, making my lips curl into a smile. Closing my eyes, I embraced the moment. This would be something I was going to remember forever. He took his lips off my cheek, and I turned around.

“Oh Justin—“ my eyes widened. Removing his arm from me, I then pushed him away. Ewuh! Nick! Gross! No! I should’ve known!

“Nick get away from me!” I yelled over the music. Nick shook his head. I glared at him. He just stared at me with the typical Nick smirk.