Chapter 31: The next single

Justin's P.O.V.

Shaking my tutor's hand, I said, "Thanks." Letting go of his hand, he nodded. After he left the room, I sat down in my chair. Scooter would be here in half and hour. So I had a little free time. Time to take advantage of this time and talk to Selena. It was still hard to believe that we haven't seen each other for two weeks now.

Sure we texted and called when we could. But it wasn't the same. Usually when we called each other, our conversations went on for more than 10 minutes. Then there were out late night text messages. Which I loved and found sexy. But still, I missed seeing her. Pulling out my phone, I checked the time. A little after 2. She was in class.

But I knew which teacher she had. She would probably text me. Hopefully, she would. Also hopefully she would be in the back of the class. Knowing Selena she was pretty sneaky about texting in class; no matter where she sat.

Me: Hey babe. Sorry that I'm texting you while you're in class. But this is the only free time that I have for awhile. If you can't talk right now, it's okay. I understand. But I want you to know how much I love, and how much I miss you.

5 minutes passed and there was still nothing from Selena. We'll I couldn't expect her to drop everything and text me. But usually she always responded within a minute. Setting my phone down on the table, I opened my notebook. Might as well get this melody out of my head, while I'm waiting for her to text me.

My phone went off and I immediately perked up. 'Selena,' I thought with a smile. Taking my phone off the table, I saw who the text was from: Babe. Smiling, I opened up the text. Finally, Selena had texted me. Looking up at the clock, I only have 20 minutes until Scooter was going to come in.

Selena: Don't worry. It's not like I'm learning anything important anyways. And awwwwwww! I love and miss you too :) So what's up?

Me: Just writing a song

Selena: So what is your song about?

Me: Well I can't really say much about it. 'Cuz I haven't ran over it with Scooter yet. But I can tell you that the meaning of it has something to do with you ;)

Selena: Oooooh about me? Now I really want to know. I'm sure Scooter won't mind.

Me: I'm sure he would.

Selena: Well he wouldn't mind if you just told me the name of it right?

Me: Well.....I guess he won't be that mad. I mean it's you. So I'm sure it won't be that big of a deal. Plus it's not like you are going to leak this the media or anything. So it' called Boyfriend.

Scooter then walked in. He raised his eyebrows when he saw that I was on my phone. Sitting down, he motioned for me to get off my phone. Well, he was here earlier than I thought he would be. Rolling my eyes, I sent my last text to Selena.

Me: Babe I'm so sorry. Scooter just walked in. He wants me off my phone. So I'll talk to you later tonight :)

Selena: Oh okay :'( Have fun. Talk to you later.

Setting my phone back down, I looked over at Scooter annoyed. What was so important now? Scooter took my notebook from me. It was weird how he just assumed he could go through my stuff.

It's not like I minded or anything. It's not like there was anything important in there. Just song ideas and some homework. But still, it was weird.

"This is good, kid. We should start recording this later," he said while handing me my notebook back. Nodding, I set it down on the table. Looking over at Scooter, I made an annoyed face at him. Couldn't he see that I was busy. My eyes widened. I sounded like my dad. Wiping the look off my face, I waited for Scooter to say something.