Chapter 45: It's Hard

Selena's P.O.V.

As of right now there was only a month until prom, and I've had myself wrapped up in prom stuff more than ever right now. Especially since I haven't still haven't talked to Justin. Sitting on the bleachers, I waited for Taylor. Pulling out my prom notebook, I heard the gym doors open.

"Finally you're here! We need to call the DJ and the photographer. So," then my jaw dropped. Putting my notebook off to the side, I got up from the bleachers. Crossing my arms under my chest, I stared at him angrily.

"Didn't you learn your lesson last time Get out of here!," I demanded.

Nick chuckled then pulled out a bouquet of flowers out from behind his back. Rolling my eyes, I shook my head. He walked up to me and got down on one knee. He held the dozen roses out towards me. He had a huge smile on his face. What are you up to now Nick?

"Selena will you go to prom with me?," he asked. Ugh! He had some nerve! The last time we had talked, he had slapped me. Now he wants to be my prom date? Excuse me Nick, who do you think you are? Beginning to turn around, I replied, "Sorry Nick. I really can't."

He grabbed my wrist, making me turn back around. Taking my wrist out of his hand; he had a strong grip. Looking into his eyes, I noticed how confused he was. He should just be lucky that I am letting him down easy.

"But why can't you? It's not like you and Justin are dating anymore," he spat. Sighing, I looked down at the floor. The news had spread around school, but it wasn't the whole truth. We weren't officially broken up. We were just on a break. People seriously needed to get their facts straight. Especially Nick, because it was a break! Not broken up!

"Nick, Justin and I are just on a break right now. Plus I don't even know if I am still going to prom," I admitted. Walking away from Nick, I sat back down on the bleachers. He walked over to me. Great, here come the questions.

"What?!? How could you not be going to prom? You put so much effort into it. You have to go," Nick insisted. He was right; I had put so much effort into this prom. So I should be going. But things were complicated right now. Justin had asked me to prom and I still wasn't sure if we were going together because of our break. Things were just complicated.

"I know Nick, it's hard to explain. I just, I don't know if I'm going," I said while looking at the floor. To be honest, I didn't even know why I was still doing all of this prom stuff. I was working on prom so Justin and I would have the best time at prom. Our theme was "Dreams Come True"; with Justin I knew my dreams would come true. But as of right now, I'm not so sure about that.

"No, if I want to go, I only want to go with Justin. But now I'm not even sure about that," I said while looking at the ground. Just saying Justin's name reminded me of what he had done. Nick placed his hand on my chin, and gently lifted my chin up.

Looking into my eyes, he smirked. There was that smirk along with the look in his eyes that I had fell for two years ago. But now that smirk and look in his eyes was nothing compared to Justin's. Plus I fell harder for Justin that I ever did Nick. Ugh! Justin! Stop thinking about him!

"Selena c'mon, you know what Justin did to you. It was completely wrong. You know you're not going to get back together with him, no matter how much you love him," Nick said. To be honest, I still haven't made up my mind about Justin and I getting back together. Nick wasn't making it any easier.

Staring into Nick's eyes, my emotions were now spiraling out of control. The innocent look in Nick's eyes made me forget about all of the drama in the world. Next thing I knew, I caught myself leaning in closer and closer. He followed my league, and then we closed our eyes in unison.