Chapter 13: Worried About You

Selena's P.O.V.

Waking up, I sat up in my bed and sleepily opened my eyes. Letting out a huge yawn, I heard silence. Lethargically, I crawled out of bed with slight curiosity. The house was never quiet on a week day. Usually the TV was on, the microwave was going off, and Gracie was crying. But right now, there was nothing.

Sitting on the couch, I looked around curiously. It seemed liked no one was home. That's weird. Turning the TV on, I changed the channel to a local news station. My eyes traveled to the corner of the screen where the time was located. With my eyes widening, my jaw dropped.

What? How was it already past 9:00?!? Why didn't anyone wake me? More importantly how did I sleep in this long? Questions continued to run through my head as I ran into the kitchen.

Pulling out the toaster from the cabinet, I sat it on the counter then plugged it in. Rushing over to the fridge, I opened it then grabbed a loaf of bread. While I began to open the bag, I went over to the counter. Then it hit me.

Why should I be in such a hurry? I've already missed an hour of school; so what was the point of going? Slowly I put slices of bread in the toaster. Oh yes!, I was going to take all my bitter sweet time today. I mean it's not like I had anything else to do today.

 Once the toaster popped, I put butter on my toast then went back into the living room. Sitting in the recliner, I changed the channel. This felt so great. Just a nice laid back lazy day.

Hey, I deserved it. I needed all the rest I could get right now. Especially because I needed to focus all of my energy into work, which I was doing later. Just needed to make a first good impression.

Justin's P.O.V.

Bumping into Taylor and Nick, by the stairs, she flashed a smile. Nick had an angry look on his face. Was he really still mad at me for dating Selena? He was dating Taylor now, he had no reason to be mad or jealous. Taylor let go of Nick's hand and moved closer to me.

"Justin I've been meaning to talk to you, " Taylor said. Taylor walked off to the side, then I saw Nick staring at me. Taylor motioned for me to come over to where she was standing. I walked over to Taylor.

"I'm so sorry! You're mom was just so worried about you! Plus you said not to tell Selena. Yet I still found myself feeling guilty. Even though you only said Selena, but it was just something about telling your mom. I'm not sure why I feel guilty I just-" she blabbed on and on. Shaking my head, I listened to her drone on and on. This was quite the apology for something small.

"Taylor," I said to cut her off, "You don't need to apologize. Also you don't need to worry about keeping this a secret from Selena anymore; I told here." Taylor smiled with relief. The relief in her smile showed she was happy that she didn't have to keep anything from Selena now.

"Oh by the way, have you seen Selena today?," I asked. Taylor giggled. Rolling my eyes, I realized that I had rhymed my question in a way. After her giggling died down, Nick came over to us. 

He stood next to Taylor and wrapped his arm around her waist. He stared me down a little, making me look over at Taylor. Yeah, he was definitely playing the role of an overprotective boyfriend.

"Well I haven't seen her all day. Have you tried texting or calling her?," Taylor asked. Nodding, I pulled out my phone. No text or no missed calls from Selena. Putting my phone back in my pocket, I let out a sigh. Of course I would call and text her, but where was she? She usually answered her texts and called me back. Obviously there was something wrong.

"Wow. Should've known you would have called her and texted her. But no replies? That's weird. Are you gonna go check on her?," Taylor asked curiously. Throwing my head back and sighing, I became annoyed. Work was beginning to barge into my personal life. But then again, didn't work always?