Chapter 11: Piece of my Mind

Selena's P.O.V.

Once we get off the bus, we aren't that far from his house. Angrily, we walked up to his street. I couldn't wait to give Jeremy a piece of my mind. How could he do this to Justin and Pattie? All this time Justin had been right about his dad. Jeremy didn't care about him at all. Justin and I then walked up to the doorway.

Just as I was about to knock, Justin grabbed my hand. 'Really?,' I thought. Looking over at him, I saw the worried look on his face. Justin brought my hand down then let go of it. He looked around then back at me. Fear and worry filled his eyes. "Babe I'm not supposed to be here," he whispered. Now I knew why he was on edge.

"Justin, you're his son. He may not want you living here, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to see you," I said while bringing my fist back to the door. Justin brought my hand back down and shook his head. I couldn't believe he actually thought his dad didn't want to see him. Jeremy was his dad, and even though Jeremy and Pattie were divorcing, it didn't mean he had to take it out on Justin. Quickly, I knocked on the door.

"Selena, no!," Justin whined with a glare. 'Too late now,' I thought. Taking my hand off the door, we began to wait. Justin grabbed my wrist and began to drag me off the porch. Planting my feet, Justin continued to try and drag me.

"Justinnnnn," I whined. He shook his head and continued to attempt to drag me.

The door opened,and I loosened my feet from the ground. Justin let go of my wrist, and it dropped back down to my side. Anger and confusion was filled in Jeremy's eyes.

"What are you two doing here?," Jeremy snarled. Backing up, I was starting to believe Justin. Maybe it was a bad idea to come here after all.

Justin's P.O.V.

Selena? What did I tell you? What did I tell you! This was a terrible idea. Right now, I should still be in the diner. Not here at my dad's house, especially when he's angry at me. I should've stopped her more when I had the chance. Oh wait!, I did have the chance. But Selena wouldn't listen.

Selena backed up and stood next to me. The tone of my dad's voice was scarier than usual. "What are you two doing here?," he repeated in the same tone. 'Selena don't say anything. Don't say anything,' I thought. Selena took a step forward. 'Oh no,' I thought.

Selena stood up straighter with pride. 'Here it comes,' I thought, Selena walked up to my dad. Looking down at my feet, I tried to avoid hearing what was coming. Honestly, I had no clue about what Selena was about to say. All I knew was that Selena was going to give my dad a piece of her mind.

"Jeremy how could you?!? How could you do this to Pattie and your son?!?," Selena asked. She had guts, and I loved that about her. Looking up, I saw my dad shrug. Rolling my eyes, I couldn't believe him. How could he shrug this off? Did he not realize what he had done to my mom and I?

"Couldn't be a man I see, Justin. You're having your girlfriend stand up for you," my dad chuckled. Selena clenched her fists, and I clenched my jaw. Angrily, I walked up and stood by Selena's side. Why would he say that about me?

"Look the reason Justin was scared to talk to you was because he thought he wasn't allowed on the property. I mean he was scared to death to be standing on the porch. He barely let me knock on the door. So what does that tell you about yourself?," Selena asked. My dad shrugged once again, making Selena groan.

It was sweet of Selena to stand up for me. But did she really have to throw in that I was scared to death? Sure I was scared, but not to death. I was getting there though. My dad looked at me with a smirk. Rolling my eyes, I ignored my dad's smirk.

"You're the one who's not a man. You won't even answer Selena's questions," I spat out. My dad shook his head. I couldn't believe him and I shouldn't have came here. My dad walked up to me, getting into my personal space.