Chapter 36: Birthday

Justin's P.O.V.

"Dessert time!," Selena exclaimed with a smile. Rolling my eyes, I didn't want to admit to her that I was full. She had spent all of her time yesterday making this food, so I didn't want to bring her down. Plus I wanted to see what she had in store for dessert.

Selena pulled out a giant cupcake from the picnic basket. It was so huge that it could be considered a small cake. There was a huge mountain of purple frosting on top of it. There was one striped candle on top of it. Then I saw in frosting that it read: Happy 18th birthday babe <3; in white frosting. Leaning over to her, I pressed my lips against her cheek. Taking my lips off her cheek, she began to sing.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to my baby; Justin. Happy Birthday to you," she sand. Smiling, she smiled back. Selena could sing. She was amazing. She tilted her head, signaling for me to blow out the candle. Looking at the candle, it wasn't even lit.

"Babe you didn't light the candle," I laughed. Selena rolled her eyes.

"Just pretend it is babe," she said with a wink. That wink killed me. She's just adorable in every way. Pretending to blow out the candle, I then looked over at Selena. Her smile quickly changed into a smirk.

Raising my eyebrows, I tried to figure out what she was up to. Selena removed the candle from the cupcake then tossed it into the picnic basket. Attempting to get up, I was a little too late.

Selena smashed the cupcake against my face, while my mouth was still open. Frosting poured into my mouth. Swallowing the frosting, it tasted so sweet. Frosting was all over my face. Wiping the frosting from my eyes Selena began laughing.

"You're going to pay for that," I laughed. Selena dropped the cupcake, along with her jaw. She made an appalled and confused facial expression. Nope, she wasn't expecting me to say that all. Selena sprung up then took off running away from the ocean. Shaking my head, I thought, 'Okay, so you want to do this the hard way.'

Getting out from under the rock, I ran off in the direction Selena ran off in. She wasn't that far from me. Turning my run into a sprint, I went up to Selena. Wrapping my arms around her, I picked her up and spun her around. "Justin put me down," she laughed.

Turning her around, our faces were inches apart. Having her focus on me, I took her towards the water. Beginning to lean in, she leaned back then giggled. Wait, no kiss?

"It may be your birthday, but I'm not kissing you, Frosting Face," she joked. Rolling my eyes, I felt Selena wrap her legs around my waist. Continuing to walk, I then felt the water on my feet. Selena looked around, then back at me.

"Justin don't put me down! There might be sharks! Take me back to shore!," she cried. Feeling her back tense up, she then wrapped her legs around me tighter. Selena was afraid of sharks? Why hadn't I known this before? Smirking, I was going to take advantage of this.

"Not till you kiss me," I said with a smirk. Selena scrunched her face. I was acting like a jerk right now, but I wanted my kiss. Selena shook her head.

"Justin please! Just take me back to shore. I promise I'll kiss you as soon as you wipe that frosting off your face. Please babe!," she cried. Sighing, I acted like I was going to give in. Then I walker out more into the ocean. Just deep enough to where it was at the rim of my shorts.

Selena clung tighter to me. She looked nervously around us. Wow, she seriously was afraid of sharks. Now I definitely felt like a jerk. Selena looked back into my eyes, they were filled with worry. Okay, my kiss wasn't worth that much. Then Selena's eyes widened and she looked past me.