Chapter 9: Detention

Selena's P.O.V.

How was it already lunch? Either way I had to make my way to the detention room. But in my defense, I was chewing that gum in class to relieve my headache. Rolling my eyes, I continued down the hallway. This was seriously the worst day ever. No Justin and now detention. Could my day get any worse?

Walking into the detention classroom, I froze in the doorway. Blinking, I then focused my eyes on the guy sitting in the front row of the classroom. Could it be?.....No it was just my imagination. I seriously had too good of an imagination. He smiled.

This wasn't my imagination! Justin was here! It was him sitting in the room. He looked so hot with his black hat and sunglasses on. Quickly, I grabbed the seat next to him.

"Babe where were you?," I asked while leaning closer towards him. He smiled at me, but his smile was off. Obviously something had happened this morning, making him late. He just didn't seem like the normal Justin right now. He was slumping in his chair and had a worrisome look across his face.

"Just was running late," he admitted while shrugging his shoulders. God, Justin; I hate seeing you like this. Quickly, I leaned over and pressed my lips against his cheek. He smiled as I pulled away. He just seemed so worried.

"Babe what's wrong? Don't say there isn't anything wrong, 'cause I know you're lying. The way you're acting right now, is literally killing me. So please babe, just tell me what's wrong," I begged with concern.

 Justin's P.O.V.

Wiping the worried look off my face, I saw the concern in Selena's eyes. Right now, I had to put my worries off to the side about where I was going to sleep tonight. Really right now, I needed to focus on school and work. Hopefully by the end of the week my pay check would help my mom out.

"Selena I promise you I'm not lying. I'm really okay. I'm just mad at Mrs. Keller for giving me detention," I lied. Well it was a partial lie. I wasn't okay, but I was mad at Mrs. Keller. Selena nodded. She bought it; I was so relieved.

"So what are you in here for?," Selena giggled. We both laughed, The detention teacher hushed us. Rolling my eyes, I looked back at Selena. Her eyes were filled with curiosity.

"I'm in here for refusing to take my sunglasses off," I mutter softly. Selena chuckled. I shook my head. She thought I was lying? Honestly I couldn't blame her. It sounded like a terrible lie.

"No seriously. Why are you here?," Selena laughed. Looking at her confused, I tried to think of reasons why she wouldn't trust me. It's not like I lied to Selena. Plus it sounded like a lie. But I was telling the truth.

"No that's seriously why I'm in here," I said. Selena's eyes widened. She looked straight into my eyes. Now she definitely believed me.

"Oh sorry babe. Just it's not like you to be all defiant. But don't worry, I still love you," Selena said with a smirk. The teacher made a short growl. We both looked over at the teacher, their face was filled with tension. Selena and I awkwardly stared at each other. We both were afraid to talk.

"So what are you in here for?," I muttered barely moving my mouth. Selena slightly turned her head. She pursed her lips. The teacher looked at us. The glare in his eyes were so scary. He then looked back down at his magazine and began flipping through the pages.

"Gum," Selena muttered. Laughing under my breathe, I couldn't believe Selena. She thought it was funny how I was in here for not taking sunglasses off, but she was in here for gum? It was so easy to hide chewing gum in class. Shaking my head, I laughed a little.

"Don't laugh! It's not like I'm in here for refusing to take sunglasses off," Selena laughed. The teacher shook his head and continued to read the magazine. Finally, he was getting off our backs. Shaking my head, I smiled at Selena.

"So today after school, you wanna do something?," Selena asked. Swallowing, I tried to think of a lie while a lump of air traveled down my throat. Lying felt so bad, but I knew that I had to do it. Pursing my lips, I thought harder. I was already a terrible liar, so it was pretty obvious when I lied.

"Have a project, sorry," I lied. Might as well stick to the same lie, that I had told my mom. Selena looked at me confused. Yeah that lie should have only been used on my mom, she would believe it. On the other hand, Selena wouldn't.

"A project?," she questioned. Nodding, I thought quickly about a project. Selena waited pateiently for my answer. Tapping her fingers against the desk, I then tensed up. Lies only lead to more lies. Right now I was swimming in lies.

"Yeah for Mrs. Keller's class. I wasn't really paying attention. Plus I came in late, so I'm kind of behind in the project," I lied. It sounded somewhat believable. I was just hoping she wouldn't ask what the project was. Selena looked forward. The teacher got up from the desk.

"I'll be back you little delinquents. Now stay put and out of trouble," he demanded before leaving the classroom. 'Oh yeah we're the best delinquents. I mean we're in here for chewing gum and refusing to take sunglasses off,' I thought sarcastically.

Selena looked over and smiled at me. By her facial expression I knew what she was thinking. Selena got up from her desk and came over to me. Positioning my body, I turned towards Selena. She sat down on my lap and wrapped her arms around me neck. She continued to smile at me.

"Hey, I never got my goodbye kiss," Selena said with a smirk. I chuckled with a smile that read: well let's fix that. Looking out the door, I saw no one was in the hallway. With a smile, I looked back over at Selena. She was already leaning in.

Our lips meet and our lips parted at the same time. Kissing her passionately, I deepened the kiss. Selena's smile grew wider while we continued to kiss. Before I could stick my tongue in her mouth, the loud slam of a door stopped us. Quickly, getting off my lap Selena went back over to her seat. We both stared awkwardly at each other.

"You didn't come to detention to suck on each other's faces," he grunted. Selena giggled. He glared at her, causing her to stop giggling. She was too cute.

"Last time I leave the room," he muttered. Smiling, I hoped he would leave again. Finally, Selena had kissed me again. But it still felt wrong lying to her. I knew I would tell her about what's happening. Just not sure when. Eventually; I would.