Chapter 54: It's About To Go Down

Selena's P.O.V.

Taylor turned on a small flat screen that had a perfect view of the stage. Ruby came over to the table with a bowl of popcorn. It was amazing how many snacks and shoes they had in Justin's dressing room.

There were only 8 more minutes until they would announce who the winner for Breakout Artist is. I was more than positive that Justin was going to win. He was the most talked about celebrity in the world right now. Of course he was going to win. And to be honest, I had spent endless hours voting for him, just being a supportive girlfriend.

Right now there was a performance going on by a country star, the one who is Taylor's date. I still don't know his name. But to be honest, I was tuning out his performance. I was still thinking about prom. Then I heard a familiar voice.

All my thoughts about prom drifted away. I was now forced into trying to figure out whose voice that was. They continued to talk. Tilting my head to the side, I tried to figure out who it was. It sounded familiar. It was so annoying. Then it hit me.

Springing up from my chair, I made my way over to the door. Just as I placed my hand on the doorknob, I heard someone clear their throat. Swallowing, I then turned around. Ruby and Taylor both raised their eyebrows.

"Just where do you think you're going?," Ruby asked. Chuckling, I tried to laugh it off. I swear it's like Ruby and Taylor had come along to be my personal babysitters instead of my friends. The voice I heard continued to blabber on.

"Guys don't worry, I'm not going to go see Justin, I know I'm not supposed to go over there. Just a quick bathroom break," I lied. They both looked at me with confusion.

"But isn't there one in here?," Taylor asked.

"No, that one's out of order. Weird right?," I lied with a fake smile.

"Yeah weiiiiiiiird," Ruby and Taylor said in unison holding out the 'I'. Nodding, I bit my bottom lip.

"I know weird, right? Anyways just going to hit the bathroom, then I'll be back," I reassured. They both nodded but were still confused. Turning back around, I went out the door. I closed the door behind me and listened for the voice I had heard before.

"Yeah, I'm so excited to go out there and present this award to Justin," they said excitedly. A smile appeared on my face. Justin won the award for Breakout Artist! I was beyond proud of him. But wait, who was presenting the award to him?

Looking around, I searched for the person that matched the familiar voice. Then my eyes remained locked on a short silver dress that was beaded and so shiny. She had long brown hair and I caught a glimpse of her profile. Oh my gosh, why? Why did it have to be Barbara?

Of all people? Seriously, she had to be the one to present the Breakout Artist award. She was going to ruin everything! Justin wanted to win this award so bad, and once he sees Barbara on stage. Ugh! She was going to ruin everything.

Walking over to Barbara, I stopped myself then tapped her on the shoulder. Barbara turned around, making her hair hit me in the face. She hadn't even turned around yet, and it seemed like she already knew who I was. Once she turned around and saw my face, immediately a smirk appeared on her face. Oh Barbara, you haven't changed a bit.

"Well, well, well; if it isn't Selena Gomez. The girl who stole my boyfriend," Barbara said rudely. She looked me up and down then straight into my eyes and glared. I rolled my eyes then shook my head.

"Well, well, well; if it isn't it Barbara Palvin. The girl who attempts to steal my boyfriend," I said mimicking her voice. She deepened her glare.