Chapter 52: Performance

Justin's P.O.V.

My dancers and I were nervously waiting in the wings. We had practiced all night yesterday, and all this morning till the show. In 5 minutes we would be performing As Long As You Love Me for the opening number. Scooter stood right by my side.

"You ready for this kid?," he asked. Nodding, I looked out and caught a glimpse of the audience. This is going to be my first award show performance, and I was opening the show. The pressure was on. A lady who worked backstage came over to me and signaled that there was 2 minutes until the show started.

Becoming nervous, I ran through the dance steps. Scooter chuckled. "Don't be nervous kid," he said. Shaking my head, I tried to show that I wasn't nervous. But I couldn't help it.

"What if I forget the lyrics? Or the dance steps? What if the music doesn't work? Or what if one of the stage lights falls-"

"Kid! Kid, calm down. No stage light is going to fall down on you," he chuckled lightly. I was so nervous that I couldn't even roll my eyes.

"Everything is going to be fine. Just look at Selena. She'll be sitting front row along with he friends and your mom," he said.

Nodding, I asked, "Well where will you be?" Scooter pointed to where I was standing; right in the wings. One minute. Looking behind me, my dancers were bouncing around and getting ready for the dance. Running through the choreography in my head, butterflies filled my stomach.

"One minute until the show ladies and gentlemen. Justin you ready?," the lady asked. Nodding, I felt like I could throw up. Jumping up and down, I hoped it would calm down my nerves.

"Kid you got this. Just think about Selena and keep your eyes on her," Scooter said. Looking at him, I nodded. The audience roared as the girl introducing me stepped out on stage.

"Hey everyone let's start the show! Everyone give a warm welcome to Justin Bieber!," she exclaimed. As she left the stage the audience cheered. My dancers and I headed out to the stage and got in our formation.

The music began and I tensed up. The lights focused on me and my dancers. Searching the front row for Selena, I found her. Smiling, she smiled back. Looking down at the floor, it was time to kill this performance.

"Let's go," I yelled as the music started. I looked up and the lights began flashing on the stage. The audience was cheering, and I felt my nerves leave.

"We're under pressure. Seven billion in this world trying to fit in, keep it together. Smile on your face, even though your heart is frowning. But hey now, we know girl, we both know it's a cruel world. But I will take my chances," I sang.

Here came the chorus. I was nervous to go into the high notes. Yesterday and this morning, I was having trouble hitting them. But that didn't matter; all that mattered was that I hit the notes right now. Keeping my eyes glued on Selena, I hit the high notes and continued my dance steps.

Selena and her friends were up on their feet dancing. Once they saw they were on the big screen, their smiles grew wider.

After finishing the song, I hugged the nearest dancer. That was my first performance and that was amazing. The host rushed out on stage with a microphone.

"Everyone give it up for Justin Bieber! Our first performer and our first winner of the night! Congratulations to Justin for winning best single for Boyfriend!," she announced while handing me my award. My dancers left the stage.

My jaw literally almost dropped to the floor. She handed me a microphone. Looking out into the audience, this was all unbelievable.

"Wow this all so crazy, my first award and my first performance all in one night. I just want to thank my mom and Scooter, without them I wouldn't be where I was today. Also I would like to thank my beautiful girlfriend Selena, and to my beloved Beliebers. Thank you all so much, I love you," I said then began to leave the stage.