Chapter 56: Escape

Justin’s P.O.V.

We all went into my dressing room. Letting go of Selena’s hand, I went over to the table and set my award down. Turning back around, I looked at Taylor and Selena. They both had confused looks across their faces.

“How are we going to get to prom by being in here? Do you have door in here that magically leads to our school’s gym?” Taylor asked. Rolling my eyes, I shook my head.

“We just came in here to think of a way to get out of here,” I answered. Taylor rolled her eyes then crossed her arms under her chest.

“Babe, as long as we’re going to prom, can you please take those glasses off?” Selena asked sweetly. Laughing softly, I now knew how much Selena hated these glasses. After I took the glasses off, I set them down on the table. I looked back at Selena with a smile. She smiled back.

“Are we going to prom? Or am I going to have to watch you two stare at each other?” Taylor asked irritably. Laughing softly, she then rolled her eyes. Same old Taylor. Walking over to Selena, I took her hand.

“C’mon let’s escape. We need to get to prom,” I said. Selena laughed when I said escape. Personally, I knew that I chose the right word. Scooter was coming after me, so we needed to escape.

“Okay, let’s escape,” Selena laughed. We all headed over to the door. Once we were out, we just stood by the door. We all looked around, searching for the exit.

“Justin, where’s the exit?” Taylor asked expecting a straight answer.

“Well how am I supposed to know?” I asked with confusion. Taylor shook her head and rolled her eyes. Well, how was I supposed to know?

“Well I don’t know! Weren’t you supposed to be rehearsing here for your performance? I just assumed that you would know this place,” Taylor argued. Shaking my head, she had a point. But no, I didn’t know this place.

“Well let’s just go look for an exit together. We need to hurry up if we’re going to make it. So can you two quit arguing until we find an exit?” Selena asked. Taylor and I both rolled our eyes then nodded.

“C’mon, I think there might be one this way,” I said while beginning to lead them to the left.

“How would you know? You said you don’t know this place,” Taylor said under her breathe. I didn’t know what was up with Taylor, but she seemed angry with me for some reason.

“Taylor,” Selena grunted. That shut Taylor right up. We continued going in the direction I was leading them. ‘I might not now this place very well, but I know it better than you Taylor,’ I thought.

****Ruby’s P.O.V****

Standing outside the main entrance to backstage, I patiently waited for Scooter and Pattie. I seriously should have thought this plan through. Justin, Selena, and Taylor would go back home leaving me without a ride. Wow, how had  I not thought this through? Oh well, anything for my friends.

Finally Scooter and Pattie arrived. Quickly, I rushed towards them and stopped in their path. They both stopped and stared at me with confusion. Okay, I just can’t stand here, I have to think of something to say to them.

“You’re Selena’s friend right?” Scooter asked. I nodded. He tried to move past me, but I continued to block his path. Scooter looked at me with an annoyed facial expression.

“Uhm Selena’s friend, excuse me. I need to get back there. I need to see Justin, especially after the stunt he just pulled during his acceptance speech,” Scooter explained while attempting to push past me. Awuh Scooter, that’s cute. You think he’s pulling a stunt. Well I hate to burst your bubble, but I’ll do it anyways.