Chapter 32(EXTENDED CUT): Late night texts

Selena's P.O.V.

Crawling into bed, I pulled the covers over my head. Checking my phone for the hundredth time, I stared at my wallpaper. No notifications. Grunting with disappointment, I dropped my phone onto my bed. Looking at my covers, I thought about turning my phone off to refresh it. But it hadn't helped the other twelve times I tried doing it.

Closing my eyes, I attempted to fall asleep. Why did I even bother? It's not like I could. It was hard for me to sleep when I hadn't talked to Justin for awhile. Maybe I should just text him goodnight or something along those lines. But what if he was already sleeing? Why did this have to be so complicated?

Opening my eyes, I stared at my phone. Clicking the home button, there were still no notifications. Sighing, I watched the screen go black. Slowly, slipping my phone under my pillow, I took my covers off my head. Staring at my roof, I tried my best to fall asleep. But there was no use.

All I needed was to just shoot a quick text to Justin, then I would be able to fall asleep. Yeah, that's all I needed. Taking my phone out from under my pillow, I opened my text messages. Beginning to type, my phone went off reading Justin's name. I smiled then thought, 'Finally.'

Opening his text message, I wondered why it took so long for him to text me. Lately it had kind of been our thing to do late night texting. Call me crazy, but I loved it and found it sexy.

Was it weird that we texted all night? No we were far away from each other, so we had a good reason to be. Well actually 3 hours away, but 3 hours too far.

Justin: Hey babe! Sorry I didn't text you until now. Ran into some problems with Scooter. (Fixed them though) Then my dad showed up to the studio.

His dad? Why would his dad show up to the studio? Plus I thought they haven't seen or talked to each other since his parents divorced. Might be wrong about that. But still, why was he there?

Me: You're dad. How did he even know where you were?

Justin: Well apparently Scooter had texted him. Speaking of Scooter he's kind of been freaking out on me lately.

Laughing, I couldn't believe him. Why on Earth would he be afraid of his own manager? Seriously?

Justin: Yeah, I know. I'm appreciative of him helping me out. But I don't know he's kind of a stalker.

Stalker? What was he talking about? Beginning to laugh more, I figured I should be taking him more seriously. Plus Justin know Scooter more than I do anyways.

Me: What do you mean by stalker?

Justin: Well it started out with him knowing what school I went to. Then him calling my dad and telling him about me in the studio. I don't know. I just find it really weird.

Me: Babe, remember. Your dad and Scooter work in similar businesses. So that's probably how he had your dad's phone number. And the school thing, I admit is creepy. But he's just being a good manager. Right? ;)

Hopefully that's what Scooter was up to. Or else that would be stalkerish, creepy, and just plain weird. Just being a good manager, that was it; I tried to believe myself. But the more I thought about, the more I was starting to believe what Justin was saying. But I wasn't going to admit that to him.

Justin: Yeah, I guess so

For one minute no texts were sent. Was this the end of the conversation? Then a text came in. 'Yay,' I thought with a smile.

Justin: So how was your day? Prom stuff? More importantly, did Nick bother you again?

Reading Nick's name annoyed me and made my body tense up. Just reading his name made me feel uncomfortable. But I was glad he cared, but to talk about Nick. I'm sure Justin didn't want to hear about this.