Chapter 28: In Trouble

Selena's P.O.V.

Taylor and I walked into the hobby store. Obviously, since now we had a theme, we had to start thinking about decorations. To be honest, I loved both themes. But I was ecstatic that I won! Which means that I get to pick Taylor's prom date. Over hearing what happened over winter break, I had an idea of who to choose for Taylor's prom date.

Taylor and I ran to the section of the store where they kept prom decorations. Hopefully, they would have what we needed. Looking at the huge gold shooting star, Taylor and I knew that it would fit our prom theme perfectly. Reaching up, I stood on my tip toes to check the price.

Letting go of the tag, I got off my tip toes and looked back at Taylor. Just exactly how much was our prom budget? Never have we ever discussed this at any of our meetings. It was always about the theme and where it was going to be at. This worried me; a lot.

"Uhm Taylor. Just exactly how much money do we have for prom?," I asked nervously. Taylor looked at me with wide eyes. Obviously, she didn't know or we had a budget of zero. Maybe we came to early in search of prom decorations.

"We don't have any money! We better think of something to do to raise money," Taylor laughed. What? How could we she be laughing at a time like this? We had no money for our prom! With embarrassment Taylor and I left the store.

Getting into Taylor's car, I couldn't believe Taylor had suggested that we go out shopping for prom. Okay, it was me who suggested it! But she could'e told me we didn't have money. We were definitely in trouble.

"Taylor how could you not tell me we didn't have any money? We should've brainstormed how we were going to get money, before picking a theme," I complained. Taylor rolled her eyes. She then looked at me with a face that read: I-know-what-I'm-doing. 'No Taylor, you don't!,' I thought.

"Well I had an idea about how we could get some money. That is if you are okay with it," Taylor said while buckling her seat belt.

'Okay with it? Where was Taylor going with this?,' I thought. She pointed at my seat belt, signaling for my me to buckle up. Buckling up, I tried to figure out where Taylor was going with this. But I couldn't figue it out. Taylor backed out of the parking lot.

Judging by the path we were taking, Taylor was taking me to my house. My house wasn't that far from here. Hopefully, it would be enough time for her to tell me what her plan was. Actually no, I wasn't getting out of this car until she told me her plan. Taylor always seemed to leave me wandering, and this time I wasn't going to let her.

"Your plan, Taylor. Remember you were going to tell me," I said. Taylor nodded and kept her eyes on the road. Uh oh. Now I knew why she was driving while we were talking about this. She couldn't even look me in the eye to tell me her idea. Okay, I was definitely going to hate her idea.

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm going to tell you. I'm just figuring out how to phrase it. That way you won't freak out as much," Taylor explained while avoiding to look at me. 'Freak out as much? Yep, I was gong to hate it,' I thought. But really Taylor, no matter how you phrase it, I'm probably going to hate it. Just being honest.

Taylor made a turn onto my street. Still no word on what her plan was. Now I saw what she was doing. She was going to pull up to my house and pull the oh-look-we're-here!-I-don't-have-time-I'll-have-to-tell-you-later! No! Like I had thought before, I'm not getting out of this car until she tells me.

"Oh look we're here! I'll have to tell you later," Taylor said while looking over at me. 'Knew it,' I thought with a smirk. Taylor looked at me confused. Rolling my eyes, I thought she knew me better. Smirking, Taylor now knew I wasn't leaving this car until she told me. She rolled her eyes then sighed. Finally she was giving in.