Chapter 14: After Hours

Selena's P.O.V.

Smiling at Justin, I continued to wipe down the table. Justin pulled a rag out of a bin then came over to a table near next to me. The music began to blare, then I began to wipe the table to the beat of the music. Looking at Justin, I saw he was mimicking the way I was cleaning the table. Rolling my eyes, I went back to cleaning the table to the beats of the music.

"What time do you have to go home?," Justin asked while he continued to copy my movements. Looking around, I searched for a clock. Then I noticed we were the only two at the diner. The clock read; 8:37. Knowing I head to be home at 10, I looked at Justin.

"10 why?," I asked. Speaking of times to get picked up, when was Justin getting picked up? I was sure he had to be home- I mean back at the car- oh! Forget it! Justin was still examining my hands, and watching the motion they were going in.

"Just wondering, so I know what time to tell my mom to pick me up at," he said with a smile. The song quickly ended and a new song blared. The beat of the drums was 1...2...3, 1...2...3. Beginning three times to the left the three times to the right. Justin quickly followed my league.

Our eyes met, and we both flashed smiles at each other. Moving our hands three to the left then three to the right, we then moved the rag into three counter-clockwise circles. We repeated these steps then moved on to the next table.

Making eye contact with Justin, we both tossed our rags over the booth. Catching the rags simultaneously, we went back to wiping the tables down. Maybe working the after hours of the diner would be better than I expected.

The singer then broke out into the chorus. Turning around, I laid my hands behind me. Rotating my hips, I then snapped my head to the right. Some hair flew into my face, preventing me from seeing Justin's reaction. Although I was sure I had a pretty goof idea of what his reaction was.

"What was that?," Justin asked curiously.

Looking back at Justin, I flashed a smile then replied, "I guess the music just speaks to me." Turning back around, I then bobbed my hips to the best of the song. Justin chuckled with a smile. Spinning, I moved onto the next table. Justin followed my league. Falling back into the next verse, we went 3 to the left, 3 to the right, then 3 counter-clockwise circles.

After following this pattern for the next few tables, the song ended. A more upbeat song blared in the diner. Looking over at Justin, I saw he was watching my hands to see what I was going to do. Smiling, I listened to the beats. Then I made a circle, then to the left, to the right, then repeat. Justin followed my league on his table.

Noticing that my table was clean, it was time to move onto the next table. The music was blaring, and I could connect with the song. Even though this was the first time I heard the song. With my hear beating, and the adrenaline running, I felt so alive. Glancing at Justin, I saw he was still following my league.

Smiling, I couldn't wait to throw him off again. His reaction was adorable and priceless. Plus the music was really getting to me. Moving onto the next table, I knew I was going to make my move after this table. 

While cleaning it, I thought of some moves I would be able to do next. Going through the steps, we were on the last part of the set. Not having an idea of what to do, I knew I would have to improv. Well, this will be fun.

Justin's P.O.V.

Selena brought the rag up over her head and made an oval shape with her arms. She spun in a circle then brought her arms down in an oval shape. With every spin she changed her arms up and down in the oval shape. Smiling, I loved her dancing; she was so cute dancing in her uniform.

She stopped at a table and laid the rag across the table with her hands at each end of the rag. She dropped her head back. Dang, she looked sexy. Going up to her, I then wrapped my arms around her waist. Selena brought her head up and looked into my eyes. She let go the rag then put one of her hands on my shoulder.

Looking at her empty hand, I dropped my rag and brought my other hand into her's. We clutched each other's hands and our fingers intertwined between the gaps in each other's fingers. Selena locked her hand in mine then began to lead the dance. We began to spin around in a circle, and then our bodies pressed up against each other.

We continued to slowly spin around. We were so close together, that I could feel Selena's smile. Taking my hand off her waist, I used my other hand to spin her around. Now it was my turn to lead. Selena placed her hand on my chest then looked up into my eyes.

Dipping Selena back, I saw her smile widen. We looked into each other's eyes. Her eyes were so beautiful. She gripped my hand tighter, and I felt the J-ring dig into my hand. Closing my eyes, I began to lean in. 

Pressing my lips against her check, I pulled away with shock. Selena giggled. 'Wait, where is my kiss?,' I thought. Bringing Selena back up, I looked at her with a confused facial expression.

She continued to giggle. Wrapping my arm around her waist, I pulled her in close. Moving in slow circles we danced across the floor. Selena's smile was so wide. The beats of the music sped up. We moved in circles faster to the beats of the music. Looking away from Selena's eyes, I knew how I was going to get my kiss.

Looking back into her eyes, I took the lead of the dance again. Leading Selena over to the jukebox, I then lightly pressed her up against it. Selena smiled at me with a confused look on her face. Smiling back, she should know what's coming. We closed our eyes simultaneously.

Our lips met, then parted and moved in sync. With the song slowing down, Selena began to slowly move her lips, then deepened the kiss. Kissing her back with the same passion, the song came to an end. The sound of the bell ringing made our lips pull away from each other.

Unwrapping my arms from her waist, I quickly moved over to her side. There I saw my mom standing in the doorway. She had her eyebrows raised, and a stern look on her face. Well by now she should've expected to always see Selena and I kissing. But more importantly why was she here?

"Oh it's 10 already! Sorry babe I gotta go! I can't believe that I lost track of time," Selena said in a rush while quickly beginning to leave.

"I can," my mom said under her breathe as Selena left. Walking over to my mom, I looked at her with confusion.

"Mom you could've waited for me outside," I said in an annoyed tone. She rolled her eyes then looked at me with a blank face. Obviously she had something to tell me.

"Justin I came in here....because I'm taking you home," she said in a tone that was somewhat like a demand.