Darker Than Love | 5

Play the song when she's at the party🔝
Michelle's POV

"You look good, you smell good, nothing to worry about." Sasha exclaimed as she eyed my outfit in awe. I rolled my eyes and tugged down at my dress as it suffocated me with its pure heat. "You look smoking hot, babe." Kayla piped in as she grabbed my lipstick off the vanity and swiped it across her lips.

"Can't believe I'm going to a party just to avoid Tristan's confession to having feelings for me. Does that make me a bad person?" I inquired, pivoting on my heels to face Sasha, who shook her head vigorously.

"Hell yes you are, I've seen the way Tristan looks at you and for some reason you just don't want to give him a chance now do you? You want wild, you want to live on the edge!" She exclaimed and I rolled my eyes, ignoring her.

"So. . ." Sasha trailed off. I know she's gonna ask about Mason, of course she is. "Go ahead." I groaned in annoyance as I flopped down onto my bed and reached for my phone sitting on my bed.

"So is he hot? What's he like? Does he have a girlfriend? Did he–" she whispered as she moved closer to me, her eyes flickering around the room as if Mason himself would appear any second now, "-- did he kill someone yet?" She asked, her voice dropping low.

"Take a chill pill Sasha, he's hot for sure, and I don't know if he has a girlfriend and no he hasn't killed anyone yet. . ."

"Yet. . ." Kayla scoffed as she spun on her heels and turned to face us. "He'll kill you with that attitude for sure." She smiled sweetly as she grabbed her bag off my vanity and sashayed out of my room.

"Come on, let's go. This party isn't gonna last all night. Well, I mean it would but you know what I mean!" Sasha babbled as she linked our hands together and tugged me out of the room and down the stairs.

We stumbled out of the house and made our way into the car.

"Sasha you got the vodka?" Kayla asked as she leaned over the back seat, her body hanging halfway in the front and back. "I got Malibu." She mumbled.

"Good." Kayla chirped as she grabbed the bottle from Sasha's grip and didn't waste a moment to fly the cap off and take a swig. She scrunched up her face in what seemed to be disgust before she screamed excitedly. "Tonight is gonna be lit!"

Kayla leaned forward and flicked the radio on.

Gangsta by Kehlani blared through the speakers and I smirked as I leaned back in my seat.

"I need a gangsta to love me better!" We all blared out in unison. "I'm f*cked up, I'm black and blue, I'm built for it, all the abuse, I got secrets that nobody nobody, nobody knows!"

I loved this song, but at the same time I despised it. I despised it because it reminded me that deep down my thoughts were dark, impure. I never was and never will be the good girl everyone thought I was.

I am screwed up. . .

I want things that no teenager wants, something that isn't normal.

To me, life without risk and adventures was boring and simple. I liked to live on the edge, but every time I did someone was bound to get hurt in the process. And that someone paid the consequences for my actions.

I just wish I could keep the darkness at bay.

Until I figure out how to control it.

~~~

We pulled up on the side of the road and gazed up at the massive cream coloured house filled with a bunch of horny teenagers. I'm already second guessing but there's no backing down now, I got myself into this mess and I can't get out.