Darker Than Love | 46

Mason's POV

"Where do you think they are?" Kaden asked as we sauntered out of the house. The gang followed in suit behind us. There wasn't much of us, but enough to take down anyone who came in our way. I didn't want anyone dying on my account today, I just want my girl back.

"What are you doing here, Kaden?" I gritted out as I loaded my gun. I tucked it into my waistband and turned towards him, my eyes wide in frustration, "I'm coming with you." He said and I shook my head vigorously as I halted in my footsteps.

"You're not coming with me. This is my fight, this is long past overdue, Kaden. And now he's crossed the line. That bastard took Michelle and I can assure you guns will be blazing and I don't want you caught in the crossfire.

At this moment you're my only brother, Kaden. I already lost one mentally and now I'm gonna lose him psychically today. I can't afford to lose another one, so please stay here and wait for my phone call. If not, I-If we're not back in about thirty minutes call the cops."

His eyes widened in astonishment and I watched as he parted his lips, fishing for any words. The fact that I'm willing to include the cops in this showed him how serious it was. There was a possibility I might be going to prison today but I am not leaving that place dead.

Not without Michelle.

"I love her, Kaden. And I never got to tell her how much I loved her. The last thing I said to her was that it was over. I won't live with myself knowing that those were my last words to her. So please. . .please stay. I can't lose everyone I love today."

He sighed deeply and for a moment I feared he'd retaliate but he nodded his head in understanding and pulled me into his arms, "Be safe, brother. And bring your girl back."

•••

Michelle's POV

"Michelle." He huffed out, almost as if he were surprised to see me. I raised the bat before me and tumbled backwards, my eyes wide in fear, "s-stay away from me." I muttered softly, preparing to swing at him if he came any closer.

He paused and flickered his eyes towards my bat before bursting into a fit of laughter. "You got Kaleb down with that thing but you won't get me down, he's not as strong as his old man here." He said as he motioned to himself.

"W-what?" I muttered in shock as I assessed him. He was dressed in a suit, a bloody battered down one as a matter of fact. His face was littered in bruises and dried up blood, much like mine. And to my surprise, the man was a carbon copy of Mason and Kaleb, like the two were merged together to create one.

"I'm Leroy. Leroy Hunter, Mason and Kaleb's father. Now we need to leave before Kaleb wakes up and your father realizes I'm gone!" He exclaimed as he motioned towards the door.

Excuse me?

Well this man definitely made some sexy babies, If Mason looks like this when we're old then I have no problem spending the rest of my life with him.

If I ever get out of here alive.

Okay, now isn't the time to joke Michelle.

"How can I trust you!? You c-can be just as psychotic. For crying out loud your son is sitting here possibly dead and you're worried about me!" I cried loudly. He sighed deeply and suddenly rushed towards me. I squealed loudly, expecting a blow, but instead, he grabbed me by the arm and tugged me out of the room.

"Your father placed a bomb in this place, it's gonna go off anytime soon. I managed to break free from my restraints last minute. I know this is confusing but you can trust me. Your father found out that I knew he was the one who ordered Kaleb to kill your sister.