Darker Than Love | 43

Michelle's POV

"Dollface," the voice whispered softly. I pulled my head back quickly, detaching my lips from Kaleb's, yet when I gazed down at him it wasn't Kaleb, it was Mason. He was staring up at me with those big brown eyes, that all too familiar smirk on his face as he caressed my cheek softly, our gaze never breaking.

My heart began to thump in my chest harshly as his grip tightened around my waist, dragging me even closer to him. He pressed his lips against my neck and I moaned softly as my hands caressed his chest, "Mason."

And then I took a whiff of the cologne rather close to my nose due to the proximity between us and realized that this wasn't his. . .he doesn't smell like this.

This wasn't Mason.

"Kaleb. . ." I mumbled softly, cringing as he sunk his teeth into my skin. I pressed my hand against his chest and pushed him back. He slammed against the leather seats of the limo and peered up at me in confusion, "what's wrong, cupcake?"

"I-I can't do this, what the fuck am I doing!?" I exclaimed as I climbed off of him, suddenly feeling self-conscious. I turned towards Kaleb to see him fixing his dishevelled hair. He sighed deeply and flickered his eyes towards me.

For some odd reason, he didn't seem upset like I thought he would. He was calm. . .too calm. "That was smart, sweetheart. But the moment you put your lips on mine you screwed up. It's a little too late now, you shouldn't have kissed me." He said as he peered out the window, a smirk plastered on his lips.

"W-what the hell are you going on about!? You kissed me first I just-"

"You kissed back, I was just testing you. To see if you could have just some self-control but you don't, do you, cupcake?" He spat as he shook his head in disbelief. Before I could reply the door at my right suddenly flung open and someone I didn't recognize appeared before me.

He was tall and broad, his arms and neck were littered with tattoos and from one look at him, you could tell he came from the bad part of town. "K-Kaleb what the hell is going on!?" I cried out. The guy flashed me a toothy smile, and by toothy, I meant with the only teeth left in his mouth that probably didn't fall out from shooting meth up his system daily.

"I had faith in you baby," I flinched when I felt his warm breath on my neck, his finger trailed just beneath my ear and I flickered my eyes shut as tears began to prick at them, "but you were too weak, too gullible. How will you succeed if you keep coming back to guys like me? I'm so sorry, cupcake. I love you, I really do. But I love myself more."

Before I could utter a word something sharp was suddenly inserted into my neck and I jutted away from him, my eyes wide in shock. "What the-"

I could feel my mouth moving but I could no longer hear the words leaving my lips. My tongue suddenly felt heavy, preventing me from forming a sentence, not that I could hear it anyways. And then I lost control over my movements as my limbs grew heavier and heavier as if there was no gravity around me.

I could feel my eyes drooping lowly, my eyelids too heavy to keep up and I slumped against the seat, the only thing visual to me was the blurry face hovering over mine, what seemed to be a frown plastered on their lips.

They leaned down and something warm was pressed against my cheek and then his face appeared in my vision again before I was fully consumed in darkness.