Darker Than Love | 38

Mason's POV

I released Michelle at the sound of the door slamming shut and stood upright, my eyes wide in fear at the sound of Sasha's voice. I wasn't scared for myself, but for Kaden. I knew Sasha wasn't a bad person and she wouldn't go to great lengths to hurt him, but I couldn't say the same for Michelle.

Something told me deep down that Michelle was going to do something. If handcuffing Kaden and his "girlfriend" to the bed wasn't enough, I was afraid of what she'd do next. "We're up here!" She screamed and I snapped my head towards her quickly.

"What the hell are you doing Michelle?" I spat. She flickered her eyes toward me and smiled, "payback." In all honesty, Michelle was being a hypocrite. She wants to go to all these lengths because Kaden cheated on Sasha and yet still she cheated on Brandon with me.

I'm not complaining, because, in the end, we're still together, but where was this energy when she did the same thing to him?

I know I should have dragged that girl out of here when I found her by the pool, but 1; I didn't want to put my hands on a girl without a very good reason and possibly get charged. 2; I knew in my heart that I would never cheat on Michelle. . .not after what happened at the lake party. And 3; I'm not Kaden's keeper.

What he does with his life is on him. I don't want to get dragged into the middle of his drama. Sasha maybe my "friend" but I don't owe her anything, yes Michelle has a point about if Sahsa were hurt she'd get hurt too but who said I wanted to be in the middle of this? I was already being accused of something I had little to no control of

And if Kaden were already cheating on Sasha, me persuading him to not do it would have gone on deaf ears. Kaden is my best friend, I know him better than anyone. When he puts his mind to something he doesn't back down and he'll reap what he sows.

In the end, you have to make mistakes to learn from them. I'm not gonna save Kaden from himself, he needs to do that for himself.

"Michelle I-" Sasha appeared in the hallway, her eyes flickered down towards Ronda and Amelia. Ronda had regained consciousness and peered up at Amelia, the colour now drained from her face. "What's going on here, who are these people?" She asked confusedly as she dragged her gaze towards Michelle.

"Oh them!? Oh the one on the floor is Ronda, she kissed Mason by the way and the other one is Ameila. . .Kaden's girlfriend." The room fell into silence and I watched as Sasha's face dropped. She dropped the plastic bag onto the floor and leaned against the wall, her eyes welling with tears.

Oh shit.

"I knew it, I knew that bastard was cheating on me." She chuckled softly, her lips pulled into a tight-lipped smile as she shook her head in disbelief. I turned towards Kaden whose gaze locked with mine. He didn't say a word but instead lowered his head, a sigh escaping his lips.

This is fucked up in ways I can't even comprehend.

"Ronda, Amelia, please leave my house. I don't have the patience anymore, it's running thin." Michelle exclaimed as she sauntered towards them. Amelia wrapped her hands under Ronda's arms and hoisted her upwards, her intense gaze flickering towards Sasha.

"I'm so sorry, I really am."

Sasha narrowed her eyes at her and clenched her fist tightly, she pushed herself off the wall and took one step forward before halting, "just, leave." She said as she stepped out of the way and motioned towards the stairs.

Both of them scrambled away quickly and I let out a breath of relief as I slumped down onto the chair. I was afraid of what Michelle might do to them. I've never seen her like this, I mean I know what she's capable of but I never saw her this. . .angry and ruthless up close. She wasn't even this angry when I kissed that girl at the lake party.